bra's are made of dreams?

(And I hope this isnt a "bad link" to post up, its from the Guardian so i figure its ok, and not a fellow sex toy plugging site or anything.)

Anyway, Victoria coren-mitchell talking about bra's

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/26/women-lingerie-bras-dreams

Sorry, I just find all the psychology behind stuff like this amazing, but what do you guys think?

I love victoria coren mitchell and bras and psychology <3 this is just a well written piece rather than psychology but it is interesting. I have about 3 day to day bras I wear often and some with certain purpose like my club bra and strapless one but do own a tonne I never wear :/

MondaySixteenth wrote:

I love victoria coren mitchell and bras and psychology <3 this is just a well written piece rather than psychology

Yeah, me too.
And yeah, probably should have said 'the way peple think' rather than lumping it in with all psychology.

Love you avatar too btw. Is it you or one stole off the internet, like mine?

I liked the article at first read, and it certainly rang a bell with me, but then I started thinking and having doubts about the author's veracicy: Wearing bras every day and wearing only two and only machine-washing them - how does that even work? The narrator's attitude to hygiene and/or the environment must be very different from mine... Not to mention the fact that there's no reason at all for underwear materials (cotton, viscose, polyester, spandex, nylon, or other man-made materials) to shrink in the washing machine (generally serious shrinking is caused by felting and only animal hair does this).

Apart from these considerations, and if I take the article just as food for thought, then yes, I too have a number of items I hardly ever wear/use (seriously - who in Western society only owns what they really need?) I definitely wear more than two of my bras, though I admit that there's some elaborate ones I've never worn. Bustiers and corsets however, pretty much fit the article's premise for me.

But I doubt that it's only women who buy their dreams. Men just materialize their dreams in different items (most of them at least, I suppose): How many tools and exercise equipment get hardly ever used - and is there ever any real use (much less need) for a sports car?

I wear my "good" underwear most days. I do have a couple of not-so-pretty comfy sets for sick or sore days, but most of the time I wear pretty bras and panties, often with satin or lace. I prefer to wear stockings/hold ups and I wear them unless there is a chance of unintentionally showing them off. I wear cute camisoles and chemises, too.

I do have another drawer for "sexier" undies and outfits that are more impractical, so really only for playtime, and I don't wear those as often as I'd like. That has more to do with not having a long term partner than anything else. If I had someone to dress up for I'd wear them all the time!

Edit - Shoes, however, are an entirely different story. Ooops! Hahaha But maybe if I was going out on lots of lovely dates, I'd wear them more often.

Yeah, but if you read the whole article, it isn't really about bras, is it? Any more than it's about coats or rice cookers.

It does appear that another lady is failing to get her bras fitted, and that's why she doesn't wear very many of them, just the ones that have surrendered.

MrPink wrote:

Yeah, but if you read the whole article, it isn't really about bras, is it? Any more than it's about coats or rice cookers.

No, well, not specifically.
But I like that about VCM, Its using a common theme, even I recognised the too many items and only using the 'old faithful' few of them. And using that narative tells us how we all fall for the way things are advertised (despite our better judgement).

And I just thought I'd share it cos, well, It might make some people think...