Bras for big boobs.

I'm struggling to find good fitting, comfortable and flattering shapely bras to fit my bust that dont look like the sort of thing your granny would wear.

I used to find that many high street stores did a curvy of fuller figure range that was more expensive but better fitting and supportive without being frumpy, but a few stores I've tried recently that used to have this type of stock have reduced there range and stopped doing them. I've tried on regular cheeper brands and they just dont fit properly. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know I'm a 36DD and dress size 16.

Internet shopping for bras puts me off a bit because in shops i usuall have to takes 5 or 6 styles into a fitting room to try on in order to come away with one I like. This could get expensive and a lot of money to splash out in one go, to possible return then a day or two later.

Hi Mrs A,

Bravissimo and boux avenue both do nice bras in larger sizes, I feel the same way about buying bras online, its much easier to try them on. Also have a look in Debenhams, their lingerie department is qite big and they usually stock the branded stuff in bigger sizes x

there was a thread on this subject that got quite long a couple of weeks ago , if you search for it it might give you some good places :)

a lot of posters said that going to a place that actually measures you and ives you a bra that fits was well worth the extra.

Hazy wrote:

Hi Mrs A,

Bravissimo and boux avenue both do nice bras in larger sizes, I feel the same way about buying bras online, its much easier to try them on. Also have a look in Debenhams, their lingerie department is qite big and they usually stock the branded stuff in bigger sizes x

Totally agree ive had some pretty great bras from Debs and Bravissmo, you get what your pay for

Thanks everyone! yea there was a thread about bras in general but a lot of recomendations werent neccesarily for big boobs only nice pretty little ones that look great but dont give support and hold you in.

I've had a look at Bravissimo's website and they look great. I can tell by just looking at the models and the picture that they're supportive and well made so i'll definately have to try them.

I am a 36-38 F-FF. I buy my bras from supermarkets as the ones from departments stores just weren't worth the often 4-6+ times the price. Asda and Sainsburys have a good selection and also in babydolls and what not. I got a £30 bra from M&S, lasted 3 weeks before it broke. Took it back and will never get one from them again. However some of the bras I have got for £8 from Asda are still good 1 year later. I regularly throw out my bras when needed. I got measured in Debenhams and they told me I was a 42D. I said ok, if you say so, tried on that size and the back was sagging down and my boobs were spilling out. I just try on a bunch of different sizes til one fits right.

Definately bravissimo. get to shop if you can. there fitting is amazing. they don't use tape measures they look at your boobies and fit a bra to you. best thing i ever did. i went from wearing a 36c to a 32e after going in their shop. got refitted again after having a baby too. throughly recommend them. x

Thanks for the tips ladies!
Well I went to Bravissimo today and my visit was most sucessfull (although now can't afford any other luxuries for a while but worth it). I got fitted for my new bras by very helpful staff and have the most wonderful fitting and beautiful bras ever. I'll definately shop with them again when I've saved my pennies. Was a bit shocked that I thought I was a 36 DD and found out today that I'm a 34 F !!
Very happy with my new purchases. :-)

Aww glad you got sorted mother hen

mrs average wrote:

Well I went to Bravissimo today and my visit was most sucessfull (although now can't afford any other luxuries for a while but worth it). I got fitted for my new bras by very helpful staff and have the most wonderful fitting and beautiful bras ever. I'll definately shop with them again when I've saved my pennies. Was a bit shocked that I thought I was a 36 DD and found out today that I'm a 34 F !!
Very happy with my new purchases. :-)

they are awesome.

Yay!

I too have been bra shopping though I'm on the opposite end of the sizing spectrum. There's no Bravissimo here so I went to Debenhams. I didn't want to do a proper fitting but I did end up trying a different size which felt a little better but typically I ended up coming away with a 2 pack in a 30E - most ridiculous size ever especially as there's so few in that size and they still don't all fit correctly! I must be between sizes or something. Sadly they didn't have the bra and pants set I REALLY wanted in the right size. :( Still not sure if I'm waring the right size but I did get a bit bored after 2 trips back and forth between shop floor and dressing room hunting for an awkward size.

I hate bra shopping!

Cat lady , bravissimo have bras from 28D and upwards pop into a shop if you can and get fitted. even if they don't do your size i'm sure they would point you in the right direction. their fitting teams are truely amazing.

Thanks, but unfortunately there are no stores near me. The closest to where I am now is an hour by train and when I go home in September the distances are even worse. Most of the bras I have now aren't too bad so I guess it will wait until I can get to somewhere more convenient.

mrs average wrote:

Very happy with my new purchase

Aww no luxuries for a while? What about the 20% discount?

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

mrs average wrote:

Very happy with my new purchase

Aww no luxuries for a while? What about the 20% discount?

Gonna have to leave it for a while. Boooooo! I cant have everything.