Broken Doc Johnson Alumination Vibrator

At first, welcome to everyone ;)

Does anyone know how to open this vibrator from the other side (not that where you put batteries in)? After four years my girlfriend and I forgot to get out batteries and then they leaked acid inside. We need to clean this but we don't know how to open it completely :( We've tried to twist it but we couldn't move it :( We don't want to throw it out because we really like this toy.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16271

Why do you need to open the other side? Surely if the battery leaked you just need to take a cotton bud to the battery compartment?

It's not so easy as you might think, believe me. I already tried that.

I'm still not sure why you need to open it at the other end, has it leaked inside the toy rather than just inside the battery compartment? Is the battery stuck inside?

The only thing I can think would be to fill the battery compartment with vinegar (or a water/baking soda mix if you used acid batteries) and then scrub it with a bottle brush or such. This is what we've done with neglected torches in the past, which obviously only open at one end, and it's got them working again. If you've already done that and it didn't remove the corrosion, I don't think the toy is going to salvageable.

You also have to think that at £20 or there abouts it could be more economical (and less effort) to just buy another? 4 years of use is a lot for a £20 sex toy, plus is it really worth the risk of using a toy that may not be 100% okay internally?