Bum hair removal for women

I have always just shaved but I’m considering an IPL but have read that they can’t be used on privates :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I’ve been using one on my genital area (male) for quite a few months now. Progress is slow (much slower than claimed) but hair re-growth is definitely reduced.

They do have limitations though.

They work best on dark hair and light skin combinations. They will not work on grey or blonde hair or dark skin.

You need to shave before you use them so that the laser energy is only absorbed by the hair root, not by any external hair.

They are not pain free. They can be quite painful on areas of darker sensitive skin.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m very dark haired almost natural black, and thanks to me fathers genes like chewbacca :rofl: so I shave everything but I have an allergy to nickel so react a lot of the time. I’ve tried waxing and plucking and some sort of torture hair removal device that just yanks them out

1 Like

I agree that butt hairs have to go, love that smoothness.

@Release.the.fire.in.my.soul ahaha - that sounds like an epilator.

I’ve just started using my IPL, it’s so sensitive but in time we’ll see how well it works.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the one, I couldn’t remember the name thanks to fibro fog! :joy: @seabs117 got one for my birthday years ago, it was used once in a small patch on my leg, never again. And I birthed two back to back babies on gas and air :joy:

2 Likes

Oh my Misses will be relieved to hear this isn’t just her, sounds weird but she’s on medication that makes her hair dark, except on her head which obviously where she’d prefer it. She’s always suffered with dark pubic hair and lots of it, obviously the front is easy to deal with but the only way she’s able to deal with butt hair is shaving, which she has to be extra careful with especially around the her anus and crack. She hates the hair and would love a permanent way of getting rid of it but ironically the darker the hair the harder it is to treat, especially with a laser. X

2 Likes

@Release.the.fire.in.my.soul same here, I’ve had mine for years - tried it once on my leg…never again!
I fact I dug it out last week and gave it to hubby to try on his chest - it was quite good for him.

2 Likes

Sorry don’t want to hijack the thread but Just out of interest how many women also shave their arms? My FBF does and was surprised my Wife doesn’t with her dark hair but me and the Wife never thought of it before until we found out my FBF shaves hers! For my Wife she feels she has enough preening to do without worrying about her arms. So how many of you beautiful ladies shave your arms? XxX

1 Like

Seriously, give a nasal hair trimmer a go…if it can be stuck up a nose without bringing tears to your eyes, It can be used anywhere.
Skims the surface and no tears.:cry:

3 Likes

I do shave my arms, not as often as lower regions but if I have the time I do as I’m very dark haired

2 Likes

Thank you, I think I’ll give it a try when I can get out to get one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Local big supermarket will have them…bought last one we have there.

2 Likes

@Yes_man when I was younger I hated the long, dark hairs on my arms.
Thats when I got my IPL.
I used it for a long time and it has paid off as my arms are now practically hair free :blush:

2 Likes

@Cupc8kes :thinking: interesting!! Might suggest that to the Misses then if it has a long term affect. Cheers. X

2 Likes

Never shaved my arms but then I’m blonde. I was surprised when I met a friend who shaved their arms, never came across the idea before that! I’d be worried that the hair would grow back thicker and go through that prickly phase. Not sure I’d want the hassle of more shaving, legs take quite long enough!

As for bum hair, mine is so fine and blonde that I’d never really bothered until recently when we started having anal sex and then it started to bother me. I shave now but it’s such a fiddle! I think the nasal hair trimmers are a great idea @Iwill! My OH would find it hilarious though :rofl::joy:

4 Likes

I find my arm hair grows back at a much slower rate than my legs and it tends to be softer and lighter

4 Likes

I bet you’d rather laugh than cry with hairs getting tugged in that area…not good :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I have the same issue, have been nervously shaving but find it never gets the job done to satisfaction and end up with ‘prickly bits’ and have actually cut myself a few times! Will be trying a nose/eyebrow trimmer thanks to the suggestions on this thread - wish me luck :grimacing:

3 Likes

@JBHX2 Yeah this forum is terrible for my bank balance. Toys, lingerie, selfie stick, nose trimmer… :joy:

6 Likes

I was just thinking the very same thing!! :joy:
Can’t wait to tell the wife I need a nose trimmer for my arse!

5 Likes