Burlesque night

So yesterday we went for date night at burlesque show.
I had got nervous about it throughout the day, I dunno why once u have seen a sex show you have seen everything.
So I dressed up in a dress I don’t wear dresses and underneath I had a basque and sexy knickers and stockings. Anyway got to hot at tea and took the knickers off in Nando’s toilet and put them in my bag. Saying to hubby you don’t think they will check my bag. No off course not he said.
So we got there and what do they want to do, check my bag, that has the sexy knickers in. Bit embarrassing.
All in all the burlesque night was very tame. Lots of nipple tassels flying around but as I said rather tame. The last act was a lady dancing in a champagne flute of water, that was interesting. But I did sit there at one point questioning why I had been silly worrying, when another lady dancing behind feathers and stripping of actually exposes 3 boobs that were not real, and decided to play at tune with them, like an octotunes octopus toy. It was quite odd.
So if anyone has any recommendations for better burlesque shows around London ish area that would be great.

3 Likes

My experience of a burlesque night was very similar, nothing hardcore just mild titillation and laughs. Not sure what you were expecting? Think if things were more explicit the theatre’s wouldn’t be allowed to host them?

4 Likes

My understanding of Burlesque is just what you witnessed. It’s supposed to be fun and tittilation not a strip show or anything explicit.

2 Likes

Agree with the above comments. I’ve been to a number of burlesque/cabaret shows and they’ve always had me in laughter, or in absolute admiration, more than anything else. It’s a wonderful excuse to dress up too.

1 Like

We’ve been to a few Burlesque nights, they certainly aren’t sex shows but good ones are amazing fun nights out.

The best for just a fabulous all round awesome night out was The Wam Bam Club, when we went it was hosted at the Café de Paris but I think has now moved to The London Hippodrome. It’s a mix of cabaret and burlesque, you get a very nice three course meal and champagne, there’s loads of fun audience interaction and when we went was followed by a club night at the Café de Paris. I hugely recommend it but yeh, you’ll see boobs, nipples and boys in budgie smugglers, comedy and magic but it’s not a live sex show.

I think when your first experience of such nights out, is the case Rossa in Amsterdam, anything else is down from that.
But your experience sounds fun, this night just seemed strange and there wasn’t much laughter really.
I guess we just expected a bit more dancing, an better audience interaction. And the place was quite hot and the never ending issue of huge que for the ladies loo.

1 Like

Agreeing with the comments above, your experience was the very standard burlesque experience! Burlesque shows are fun and often silly, involving laughter and clapping and yes looots of nipple tassles haha. They are not explicit shows, they’re about the stories they tell, stripping, often comedy. If you wanted something explicit I would recommend to go to something marketed as a sex show or go to a kink club on a night they have performances.

1 Like

:rofl: Yeh, you can get away with rather more in the red light district in Amsterdam than here. We’ve been to a couple in the UK that really weren’t good, taken too seriously by the hosts and performers who didn’t seem quite sure if they were burlesque dancers or strippers and all the fun taken out.

At The Wam Bam though, I really was laughing out loud through so much of it and there was lots and lots of comedy audience interaction. I hope it wasn’t one of their nights you were at, if so they’ve really gone down hill!

Haha a 3 boob player? Now that does sound very bizarre yet funny :smile: