Burning sensation during anal?

Yo, I'm just gonna say, I love anal, but recently this has been ruining it for me.

Whenever I try recently, I continously get a burning sensation inside my butt, during anal.

I haven't had this issue before, and I've tried a different amount of things in order to see what it may be, but to no avail. I believe I've whittled it down though.

It's either

1: Me not preparing enough ( I do a lot to prepare tho)

2: The lube (seems most likely)

3: Medical issues??

Going off of 2, i recently found out that my lube has parabens and glycerins. I've never paid alot of attention to that, so I'm unsure if any previous lubes I used had it.

But maybe it's that? It's just weird, since if i'm having a reaction to it, shouldn't I also get a reaction of different parts of my body? like my hand or genitals?

When you say anal are you talking using toys or hands/penis? If it is toys, it could be the material.

Yes it could be the lube. I would suggest giving yourself a little bit of time to recover, just in case it is due to a tear or similar, then try a different brand of lube.

Are you having any issues/pain with bowel movements? If so, that would indicate a tear or another health issue (such as piles) If you are concerned, do go and see your GP.

kelly_michelle wrote:

When you say anal are you talking using toys or hands/penis? If it is toys, it could be the material.

Yes it could be the lube. I would suggest giving yourself a little bit of time to recover, just in case it is due to a tear or similar, then try a different brand of lube.

Are you having any issues/pain with bowel movements? If so, that would indicate a tear or another health issue (such as piles) If you are concerned, do go and see your GP.

Oops, should of specified. I'm pretty sure it's just toys, I don't use my hands often so I can't be entirely certain though. There is a possiblity it's both though.

The material of my dildo is Silicone,I also have one of those "jelly" type material ones, that hasn't ever caused a reaction.

I tend to have to wait a lot of time between doing it anyway. Though that's due to time constraints most of the time. I'll first probs try getting a different brand of lube.

As for that last question.. I don't think so? That's all I can really say to that. Wouldn't really know what to say a GP if I was unsure.

Bit embrassing too.

Well more than a bit.

Hey! I have a similar problem, and happens with my vagina too! I do think it is the lube you use, as for me it depends on the lube and on the day! Some lubes irritate me on certain days and not on others, sometimes quite strange lol

Personally for me the 'stinging' feeling almost feels along the lines of it you had a cut on your hand and you put hand sanitiser on it, therefore I'm pretty sure it would be the lube :)

doinurmop wrote:

Yo, I'm just gonna say, I love anal, but recently this has been ruining it for me.

Whenever I try recently, I continously get a burning sensation inside my butt, during anal.

I haven't had this issue before, and I've tried a different amount of things in order to see what it may be, but to no avail. I believe I've whittled it down though.

It's either

1: Me not preparing enough ( I do a lot to prepare tho)

2: The lube (seems most likely)

3: Medical issues??

Going off of 2, i recently found out that my lube has parabens and glycerins. I've never paid alot of attention to that, so I'm unsure if any previous lubes I used had it.

But maybe it's that? It's just weird, since if i'm having a reaction to it, shouldn't I also get a reaction of different parts of my body? like my hand or genitals?

Hey!

I would bet my bottom dollar on that it's the lube causing the burning sensation.

Glycerin is the active ingredient in warming lubes (in fact, some warming lubes are 100% glycerin) because glycerin does just that: creates a burning sensation.

You will only feel the warming effects on mucous membrane - not not your external skin / hands - and the more absorbant the skin (like the backpassage which is designed PURELY for absorption), the more pronounced the warming sensation will be.

Swap your lube so something like Lovehoney Discover: it's water-based, free from nasties and should do nothing to your play except provide glorious glide!

Hope this works for you!

Definately agree with Jess.. Pretty sure its the lube.

We used durex standard lube for ages and my OH started getting burning sensation (vaginal) which got worse and worse. At first thought it was cystitus but was clear of that. Changed lube based on the advice on the forums here to glyvcerin free. Never had any problems since.

I would recomend Slyquid products. Worked a treat for us.

Yes, I'm sensitive to all sorts, and the Sliquid stuff is great.

We use this stuff mostly (as most of our lube use is for anal):

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15951

We use this one if thickness isn't an issue:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11375

Both are great.

Yep, in agreement with above. Sounds like it’s the lube to us too. Lovehoney Discover or Sliquid Sassy are both great, glycerin-free options that should relieve the problem.

I agree with everyone, you need to change your lube to one that's glycerin and paraben free. I like sliquid and Lovehoney discover. I'd also consider getting rid of your jelly dildos, as they are porous and can harbor bacteria, and can break down (degrade) over time. So if you've had it a while you could begin reacting to it even if you didn't at first. Sterilizing your silicone ones may also be a good idea before you use them again, just in case.

Agree with her and literally couldn’t put it better myself, we tried a durek warming lube and a few others which caused serious burning sensations. Swapped up for lovehoneys discover lube and it’s been fine ever since ☺️. Some people tend to get confused with the stretching of anal and a burning sensation too, so maybe try something a little smaller and see if it makes a difference