Butt plug advice

Hi fellow forumites

Looking for a bit of advice or assistance from fellow butt plug users.

We tend to use the t-bar style plugs and never had a problem with them other than they are the silicon style and we wanted to try glass or metal for ease of cleaning etc.

We were tempted by the metal ones currently on sale and purchased both the small and medium size however here lies the problem …
When using the plug we have no problem with fit, discomfort when worn etc and they sit where you would expect however upon orgasm or close to orgasm the muscle reflex seems to draw them in and we have had 2 near misses whereby they have partially gone resulting in a panicked fishing out before total disappearance!

Obviously we want to avoid an awkward visit to A&E, but are we doing something wrong, are they just for display or use pre intercourse or safe for use during intercourse and we are just unfortunate enough to have a strong rectum reaction?!!

3 Likes

I cant advise as my flared base metal plug is fine and not had that issue but will be certain to look out for it :blush:

1 Like

Ooh yikes! Scary near vanishing acts, maybe it’d be worth seeing if there’s such thing as an add on to make the base of your plugs wider to ensure they stay out… or even if there’s a type of tie you can put around to pull out in the event of the plug going full inward

1 Like

Hi there @Welsh-Warrior I share your concerns as we’ve always gone for T-bar style plugs . Metal plugs are quite appealing especially for hot and cold play but I can only seem to find those with reletively small, flared bases. There seems to be far too many reviews of these plugs going missing in action, I really dont want that trip to A&E thanks :scream:

1 Like

Whether a toy will get sucked in or not should be a simple thing but there are actually quite a few different factors at play, which all interlink. It is possible for a toy to be bad in one area but make up for it elsewhere.

(Some of these aren’t directly relevant to the plugs you’ve bought but I’m including for others reading).

Ultimately the most important thing is that the base needs to be large enough for the toy and for you. For the toy, this means that it should be bigger than the widest point of the toy. The safest options are 1.5/2 times the size of the toy but this isn’t always possible with round based plugs. However, the bigger you can get the better and don’t go for anything with a base smaller than the rest of the toy. For you, this means comparing the size of the base to the size of toys you can take easily. If you can insert toys that are bigger than the base of the plug without thinking about it (ie no warm up, minimal lube) then you are more likely to have issues with the plug. If the plug in question took a little warm up to go in (and the base is the widest part), you are less likely to have issues.

The base needs to be firm, anything too flexible will just fold in. (Not an issue for metal and glass obviously)

The base shouldn’t taper into the neck ideally. Tapering helps the plug go in so can increase the chance of issues. (Most jewel plugs have fairly defined neck and base though). Having a distinction between the bulb of the toy and the neck will also help.

Different materials will change things. Silicone will have a little more grip to it, especially if you go for one that isn’t the soft touch type silicone finish (although all silicone will grip). Glass and metal have more glide and therefore move a little easier.

What you are doing. Using during penetrative sex will be different from using while masturbating. Wearing in the gym will be different from wearing around the house. Obviously during orgasm, muscles are being contracted so that will make sex toys shift.

Individual anatomy. Everyone’s rectum has the power to suck small toys in but some are more powerful than others. Everyone also has different tension in their sphincter so some people will clench toys easier/tighter/with less thought.

Be a bit careful what you are doing. Don’t push on the plug.

In short
A big enough base is the most important bit. If you are doing something more active/involving having orgasms and you want a round based plug, go for one where the base is bigger than the widest part of the toy and that the plug is a comfortable size but still takes a little effort to put in.

10 Likes

Hi @Welsh-Warrior I can understand your concerns and share @AJSTAR advice to put a ribbon or something to aid retrieval.
It has never happened to me but @Calie mentioned some good points to think about.
Good luck and have fun! :wink:

2 Likes

I have that same fear! I have 4 butt plugs: a silicone one with a finger loop, a silicone one with a t-bar, and two metal jeweled ones. I wasn’t afraid with the two silicone ones because the finger loop one would be retrievable, and the t-bar on the other keeps it from going in. I’m a bit nervous when I use the jeweled ones because my husband thinks they’re cute and presses on them, and it freaks me out every time that it might pop in :astonished: I might have to try tying something around them like @AJSTAR mentioned so that I can relax and enjoy using them. But there are also some metal and glass butt plugs that have a t-bar or a finger loop if that would give you peace of mind :wink:

(like this one)

3 Likes

Haha yes them jewelled plugs are pretty to look at but no touchy! They ain’t a push button lol :joy:

3 Likes

Adding to this thread, has anyone used the LH Booty Buddy.

Would anyone recommend it. A few reviews say it has a tendency to fall out.

I have it and like it. Its very slim though so wont give you a stretch feeling. I got lucky and find it hits my g spot perfectly when inserted anally.
Hypothetically it should be a good p spotter but it all depends on where your p spot is located with this type of toy. It can be quite hit or miss anatomically.
If your nervous about trying anal and want an inexpensive first option it’s not intimidating looking its not bad.
Personally i didnt have an issue with it falling out even when i used it for extended wear out and about.

2 Likes

If you’ll pardon the pun… “Butt Plug” my arse!

LH seems to have a real problem over understanding what is a butt plug and what isn’t. I’ve had a few toys from LH - ones I’ve bought and ones I’ve been sent for review - that they’ve insisted on calling a “Butt Plug” when it’s obviously a prostate massage toy …and yes, most of 'em do want to fall out unless you hold them in place with a hand or using your kegels.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Do you recommend a particular plug. Looking for something that can be worn for extended periods and fun when with my wife.

Other members here will have much more experience of butt plugs than I. In general, though, you can do no better than to scroll back through this thread and heed the excellent advice given by @Calie in her post of July 13. Pretty much chapter and verse, that is. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Like @Calie said, what you wear for sex wont be the same as what you use for extended wear.

What size plug are you looking for? If your new to but plugs i wouldn’t go strait to extended wear. You need to get used to them first.

3 Likes

I tried this a while ago as my first prostate toy and was disappointed with it. It didn’t do much for me and yes it was prone to slipping out if you didn’t sit on it or hold it in place.
Ive tried quite a few toys now, for me the best by far is the mantric toy. Its a nice size, stays in place and has the option of using different vibration patterns and intensities via the remote. Its great for solo and couple play.
Hope this helps

1 Like