Butt plug anxiety!

I love anal play, nothing I like more than having something really big and hard in my bum, but its only ever dildo’s, I have real anxiety about using butt plugs, I tried many times but just can’t get up the guts to push them all the way in so my bum hole closes around the butt plug neck, I have a massive worry that it’s going to go all the way in and this is stopping me pushing further.
I know they’re safe as my OH used to use them all the time and even wore them out and about, she never once had a problem or lost one but despite knowing all this I still don’t trust the bloody things. I honestly don’t think I’ll ever get past it!
Anyone else have the same worries about butt plugs? XxX

4 Likes

I actually prefer the stationary aspect of a plug over the in and out motion of a dildo :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

I don’t, but if you want to ease your anxiety, make sure you use a plug with a big anchor. That way there’s nooo way it can get ‘sucked in’ :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I agree the bigger anchor the better. Steer clear of the jewelled ones as I always fear that they could slip inside although they do look stylish.

3 Likes

Yeah they’re a bit too small for comfort. You need one with a proper big anchor, nothing dainty :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Logic dictates that what can go in can also go out.

I’ve never used butt plugs myself, but have read a few comments in this forum where a glass plug got sucked in. They all reported feeling anxious but managing to push it out naturally.
May be anxiety would have been better replaced by patience?

1 Like

If the base of the plug is sturdy and bigger that the insertable diameter there is nothing to worry about.

I have lost a glass buttplug inside ones, but was able to take it out with a helping hand of my wife. The base of the plug was to small and I threw it away immediately. If you get a plug of the common brands like Doc Johnson a they are completely safe and unlikely to disappear inside.

I’m with the others, try and get one that has a pretty big flared base or the T bar ones - those ones particularly give me peace of mind

4 Likes

Completely agree with this. We love the look of the stainless steel plugs with jewels, however had an alarming session where we lost one. Thankfully after a few panicked minutes we got it back. Those plugs have now been relegated to the back of the bedside draw and we tend to use silicone plugs with larger flared bases. The main issue here is that the bases do sometimes get in the way, especially with DP fun.

1 Like

I agree with the T-Plugs . A while back I bought a combo vibrating butt plug with a cock/ball ring attached . Loved the plug , but the dimensions from my balls to my anal opening was to short of distance . So the cock ring would pull the plug out . So I cut off the cock ring part and almost lost the plug . Do not laugh , I really liked the plug , so I attached a lanyard in case it went missing . I would love a jeweled plug , but am not confident I might lose one . I just recently bought a We Vibe App controlled egg . It has a pretty long slender neck and during my try out I was pretty confident it won’t go missing . I have not had a chance to wear it around the house and have my wife surprise me controlling it with the app .

Not sure on what size you’re up to but this shape toy would give you the stretch then snap closed feeling without the worry of getting lost due to its design?

Oh and if you, are, open enough to take a fist say then even if it does slip inside you/someone can rescue it?

1 Like

Honestly I was the complete opposite! I started out with a small plug and was always terrified of using a full size dildo. But I was apprehensive the first time using a plug, the best advice I can give is to just get yourself ready to play with it, sit for a minute and just hold your plug, get comfortable with it and just sort of mess with it a little and then once you are comfortable, take some deep breaths, relax your butt and just take it slow, the more lube the better. Or cocoa butter, I made a separate post about that but I actually find a good smothering of that actually works better than lube :wink:

I can completely understand and relate to this fear. With some of my plugs they are wider at the plug than the base, so I worry it’ll not stop as it’s supposed to.

What I would recommend is looking for a flared or elongated base (the oval shaped base, as opposed to the circular base). These are so much less likely to slip!

2 Likes

We have plugs with large flares and bases, but despite this I still can’t get past the fear of losing the bloody things. I’ve even tried the idea of tying string to the but still I can push them all the way in! It’s weird because I used to watch my OH do it all the time with no problem!

More chance of a soft silicone plug getting sucked in as opposed to a glass, steel or metal one.

Saying that I have used glass and hard plastic butt plugs.

But also a medium sized LH jiggle silicone butt plug and have never had any issues with it. It’s a little bit on the small side for me and the circle base can be folded in a bit. But touch wood it’s never gone exploring on it’s own!

Honestly its extremely hard to suck the toy in, if youre only used to normal size ones, so dont worry and enjoy