Butt plug base advice for penetrative sex

I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts were on t-bar vs flared bases on butt plugs for use during penetrative sex. As I grow my butt plug collection I notice that sometimes t-bar bases will hit against dildos/insertable toys, and am worried that this might be uncomfortable for my partner if this were to happen to him during penetrative sex. I tend to prefer t-bar, as it sits better between my butt cheeks and lies flatter so it’s more comfortable to sit, etc. on this type, but I feel like the smaller head of the flared bases would make it more comfortable for my partner as it would be less likely to accidentally stab into him (depending on the base shape this type can tend to stab into my butt cheeks though). Any thoughts, tips and tricks would be much appreciated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:!

2 Likes

I don’t really see a difference because let’s be real, my ass is huge :sweat_smile: but I would say maybe go for something more rounded if you are on the smaller end. I’ve had sex with t bar butt plugs before and they have always been fine with me. It just depends how big and what shape you are down there. If you are worried about it just go with the more rounded type ones for sex.

1 Like

T-bar bases are more likely to get in the way during PiV sex, although it does depend on size. Round bases are definitely better for use during sex though.

Generally you’ll be wearing it for less time during sex than you would if you were just wearing a butt plus around so chaffing is less of an issue. There are some bases than are gentler on the cheeks as they are a bit more rounded on the sides however be careful of any base that are too floppy (only an issue with softer materials like silicone).

2 Likes

At the end of the day, i think its partially down to your personal anatomy down there too, plus the position your using.
Personally for me i dont have an issue with most plugs (but i have a big bum :sweat_smile: so that probubly contributes). I prefer T-bars myself.
At the end of the day, always go for a safe plug over one with a smaller base. You can always remove it halfway through if it becomes an issue in a session. Its not worth a trip to the hospital over.

You could always start with using silicone plugs for partnered sex (pick one with a good solid base/tbar and not a suction cup, soft finger loop or similar, as it has to stay put during thrusting and impact of your bodies together.)

1 Like

I tend to go with t-bar bases for sex because they feel more secure. I’ve noticed that the base occasionally gets in the way when I’m using other toys whilst lying on my back but I find that it’s not an issue when having sex with my OH. That might be because we tend to favour cowgirl or doggie when I’m wearing a butt plug rather than me being on my back. Somehow this seems to move the base of the plug away from my vagina, I’m not sure why, it’s probably just my anatomy. If you find t-bar bases more comfortable, I’d try different positions when you are having a bit of solo time to see if you notice any difference in how they sit. You could always start off with a t-bar plug during sex if you find them more comfortable and have a round based one at hand in case you need to change them over.

The other thing that works for us and is a bit different is a small silicone dildo with a suction cup (so flared base!). We use them in doggie and he can thrust the dildo at the same time, feels amazing. Might not appeal to you but thought I’d mention it just in case!

1 Like

Thanks @sharbur, @Calie, @Green_Eyed_Girl and @Kitty-Cat01 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I have a rather big butt, but since I’m on the petite side everything is rather close together down there :sweat_smile: I do get apprehensive using the round ones even during solo play as it tends to feel like my butt cheeks are trying to eat them up :sweat_smile: Thanks for all the advice, I’ll probably start out with the t-bar then (as I always appreciate the added peace-of-mind :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:) and will have a few flared off to the side in case :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’d just stick to the T bar type if it’s what you find comfortable and if he says it’s poking him then give the flared base a go next time, but I reckon you’ll find there won’t be any bother for him with either styles.

1 Like

Trial and error, make it a fun night, use them all and find out what works and what doesn’t for the both of you. Might mix the night / day up…

1 Like