Butt plug flared base paranoia

Hi all,

I recently bought this glass butt plug: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32887

It's great - I love it. But the last time I used it, as my muscles tensed, I had a paranoid feeling that the flared base wasn't wide enough and the whole thing was going to get sucked in and lost. Worrying about that ruined the fun a bit...

Is it possible for a circular base like this to not be secure enough? What should I be considering in terms of butt plug security? I've heard on the forums that the ratio between bulb and base is a key thing to consider.

Any advice very welcome. I'd like to carry on using it without worrying - but if there are other, more secure glass/metal ones, please recommend.

Ive had that one for a good 18 months or so and used it on many occasions. At no point did I wonder if it would travel. The flare may not be large, but the stem to flare ratio is pretty good (i.e. the neck is pretty slender and your anal muscles will close around it).

I also use toys girthier than the LH one (Mrs Sen calls it my small plug) and although I can accommodate the wider girth quite comfortably, as above, this hasn't lead me to think I would lose this one up there.

Thanks for the input. I should also have mentioned that I am pretty new to butt plugs - so that might be the reason for my paranoia.