Buying a friend a vibrator?

Ok so Ive just bought my best friend (female) a rabbit - im female.

On one of our drunken nights she said she was missing sex with not being in a relationship - shes never had a vibrator - so i told her she had to get herself a rabbit! she said buy one for my birthday - and now i have!

Is that totally weird? am i going to creep her out when she opens it?!!

not at all, you have bought her something she asked for

however, might be best to get her to ope it in private. not really the sort of thing she wants to be opening on front of her mum!!

if she has never used a vibrator she might be better off starting with something smaller, like a bullet, though. i know rabbits can be dead scary at first!! x

No, from my experience she will indeed be super chuffed, i actually gave a mate one yesterday, she was so SO appreciative, so dont worry ^_^

x x x

No i've done it before i don't know if she used it but i've brought one for a friend!

She will love you even more because you bought her a vibrator! so relax

i got my mate the on the go gift set, for this coming xmas. so i hope she be alright bout it aswell :| im sure she will as its kinda a long standing joke between us plus she said she be to embressed to buy one. so i did that bit for her lol

Dxx

Nahh I'm sure she won't feel that way! She'll more than likely love it. ;)

As it's been said, let her open it in private as she might be embarrassed if others see what she now has. =P

No, she will like it when she realises how good it is, rabbits are very versatile toys, they can be used for vaginal and clitoral stimulation, or vaginal and for teasing anally, or she could use any part she preferred just on her clitoris, depending what sensation she prefers. And rabbits have multi functions too so she will find something she likes. Just one thing, tho - if it's a bit on the LARGE side she might get put off by the appearance, if this happens, just point out to her that she doesn't have to use the whole thing at once, and tell her of the different ways she can use it. That should set her mind at rest and come Christmas I bet she'll send you a wishlist full of sex toys a mile long lol!

Depends on her attitude and how close you are, but I reckon she'll like it. I agree with the opening it in privacy though!

I say it's a great idea. Depspite being drunk when she said it, she must be that kind of person to ask for one, so I think it's a great idea.

I might not have chosen a rabbit for her first vibe, the ones I've seen are generally huge, but a vibe is a vibe. I dont like sticking them in me anyway :P

its a great idea, not weird at all.

She'll probably be embarrassed until you leave and she gets the chance to try it out. Whilst it sounds like it could be an awkward moment, if she asked you to buy one (even when drunk) chances are she'd really love to get her hands on it.

Haha, I agree that it's a brilliant idea. And, in my experience, people who are a bit nervous or embarassed about sex toys (and funnily enough, it's mainly the discussion of them, rather than the toy itself!) usually get over it rather quickly. True, it depends on the person, but I think once you open up about something like that, it very quickly loses it's 'novelty' shock value. It's very comforting to be able to speak openly about sex with a good friend, so I think you've taken a very positive step with this present-buying lark!

About the opening in private suggestion - good plan. Like diamonds, I bought a friend that gift set for her birthday, but stuck a little note on it warning her that it might not be suitable for parental viewing. Just to be on the safe side. But having said that, I write little notes on everything...

Finally, to avoid any creeping-out when she does unwrap it, even if you're a little nervous about her potential reaction, it's probably best to remain very lighthearted - try not to look terrified as you wait for her response, or she might be a little weirded out! It's a nice kind of thing to have a laugh about, and even if she does laugh it off (not in a bad way), I bet that she will be majorly chuffed.

Dont think its weird at all, id certainly buy a friend one if i knew she really wanted one! I was actually in two minds about getting a friend one actually, whilst on holiday we were up late chatting one night when the kids were in bed and we got onto sex and men etc and how long itd had been since we was single etc...then onto toys and she mentioned she never had one or tried on so i was like oh i'll get you one for your bday, its her bday next week and i havnt cos im just alittle unsure

Gembobs wrote:

Dont think its weird at all, id certainly buy a friend one if i knew she really wanted one! I was actually in two minds about getting a friend one actually, whilst on holiday we were up late chatting one night when the kids were in bed and we got onto sex and men etc and how long itd had been since we was single etc...then onto toys and she mentioned she never had one or tried on so i was like oh i'll get you one for your bday, its her bday next week and i havnt cos im just alittle unsure

Gembobs, this is a brilliant opportunity to introduce her to the wonderful world of sex toys! :P I think you should go for it, especially if she brought the topic up; she'd really appreciate it. But as someone mentioned earlier in the thread (poppy and Ecksvie), it's probably better to start off with something smaller and less intimidating. A bullet is a good idea, but personally I'd really rate Tracey Cox's wand vibe as a super beginner's toy (was one of the first things I tried, and reviewed).

gembobs definately go for it! she will thank you later!!

well i did it - got it posted straight to her in a gorgeous gift box (in a discreet cardboard box) and told her before it arrived there would be a parcel arriving that was for her eyes only!

she saved it and opened it - again drunkenly! with me after her birthday celebrations! she did admit that it looked daunting (rabbits always do with the handle etc!) but once we had a joke about it and she popped in the batteries and saw the vibrations she couldnt wait to try it!

she hasnt quite dropped of the face of the earth like charlotte did in sex and the city but every time i see her now she thanks me!!

i would definately do it again and think anyone wondering about it to just go for it esp if your mate has spoken to you about one before (drunkenly or not!) i went for a rabbit as my mate had asked specifically about it, but if i did it again for a first i might go for a bullet or lipstick vibe as a more subtle option!

btw i ordered her:

the tracey cox rabbit (i trust tracey for a first timer) http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=5331

4 batteries (if she was anything like me she will want to get started straight away!) http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=5331

and some lube http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=989

but then this order came with a free tracey cox massager!! http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14044

and a free basic cock ring!!! http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14876

ps shes very close to her mum and told her thats what i gave her for her birthday!! dont know if ill be able to look her in the eye and keep a straight face!!!