Buying off of a wishlist.

Having been both the gifter and the giftee on this forum, I have to say that the only feeling better than receiving a surprise in the mail is being able to cheer someone up during a rough time. It's a truly wonderful thing :)

If anyone is interested in this maybe add friends and when the secret Santas are able, we can spread some joy and brighten up some days :)

ThrowMeToTheLesbians wrote:

Buying someone a gift purely for the reason to brighten someone's day is a wonderful thing. There are some truly selfless and thoughtful people out there.

x

Couldn't agree more! Makes you realise the whole world hasn't gone to trump

sir.nick wrote:

ThrowMeToTheLesbians wrote:

Buying someone a gift purely for the reason to brighten someone's day is a wonderful thing. There are some truly selfless and thoughtful people out there.

x

Couldn't agree more! Makes you realise the whole world hasn't gone to trump

![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

Gone to Trump 😂

Love it!

Shadow Collector wrote:

Having been both the gifter and the giftee on this forum, I have to say that the only feeling better than receiving a surprise in the mail is being able to cheer someone up during a rough time. It's a truly wonderful thing :)

+1just this..iam lucky to have gifted and to have been gifted..it's a wonderful feeling both ways xxx

Its a great idea, just wish I had the money to be able to gift :(

TheDildoChronicles wrote:

If anyone is interested in this maybe add friends and when the secret Santas are able, we can spread some joy and brighten up some days :)

That generally is the idea all year round :) Also, there's been a couple of occasions here I remember where gifting caused an atmosphere. I've been on the end of it to when someone gifted me and then pretty much demanded I gifted them back. I felt terrible and in a really awful place as I couldn't afford to. Please do not put this pressure on others! Only gift with good intentions!

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

That generally is the idea all year round :) Also, there's been a couple of occasions here I remember where gifting caused an atmosphere. I've been on the end of it to when someone gifted me and then pretty much demanded I gifted them back. I felt terrible and in a really awful place as I couldn't afford to. Please do not put this pressure on others! Only gift with good intentions!
But...if they demanded something back then why did they gift you in the first place when they could just buy something for themselves in the first place? That's a bit mean :/ I've never received or given a pressie but one day when I get a decent pay wage I'll definitely do it! 😊

TheInvisibleTester wrote:

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

But...if they demanded something back then why did they gift you in the first place when they could just buy something for themselves in the first place? That's a bit mean :/ I've never received or given a pressie but one day when I get a decent pay wage I'll definitely do it! 😊
I've no idea. It just made me feel incredibly awkward to be honest and very uncomfortable. It even caused aby issue between me and my OH lol.

Crikey sugarboobies that's awful! You gift to be nice not to get something back. I've wanted to gift certain members who have really helped me but sadly don't have the funding...yet!

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

+1! I've experienced this too.

NatandTom wrote:

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

+1! I've experienced this too.

It's horrible. It was really strange and not pleasant. I said how much I appreciated them and then I was constantly asked for photos of me wearing them. Then he said he had an idea so we could play together so I should send him something that I wanted to see him use... what the hell? I basically then ignored him and then he said he felt like I used him? Still makes me feel weird thinking about it.

Sounds like he wanted more that a friendly forum friend! No wonder you feel weird!

You too Nat? Crikey, some people are strange!

RosyCheek wrote:

Sounds like he wanted more that a friendly forum friend! No wonder you feel weird!

You too Nat? Crikey, some people are strange!

I think so. This was over twitter through direct messaging, so I had a message EVERY DAY until I replied. :(

I am definately not new to the gifting thing. I like to send my friends a little pick me up gift when I can. Sadly I can't as much now as my new job is much more time/life rich, but cash poor. It's lovely feeling knowing that one of your friends is going to get a suprise from the postman.

I have been very fortunate to recieve gifts too. This is a great feeling when an unexpected parcel appears at the door.

I must say, I don't gift to recieve. That's just not polite and it's not how I work. I try to put though into a persons gift, and although this may not be obviouse there is usually a rational in my own mind for whatever I choose to send.

On a grumpy note I do hate it when people (usually new to the forum) post "how do I get free gifts" and "how do I get free stuff", how rude is this?

I hadn't thought about these possibilities.
I think I will do it anonymously or be very clear it's a random act of kindness, and I expect nothing in return, and No intentions of breaking up any couples over an object.
Still don't get Twitter either, must have another look one day.

Hey 19 female bi dont have many toys but very curious **REMOVED BY MODERATOR**

Sugarboobies yeah that's odd. Sorry that happened.

I just like to spread a bit of sunshine when I can. :)

Curiousgirl19 wrote:

Contact details aren't allowed on the forum and it's kinda rude to hint or ask for gifts!