C*nt

By popular demand (well 1 person asked) heres some random facts about the word cunt from an old piece of coursework on the word cunt.. I like trivia!

So heres some random facts (which to the best of my knowledge are true, hey! ... it was a A-level piece, I keep getting told standards have dropped and my state education was worthless so its not my fault if its a lie!):

In Czech its 'kunda'

In Russian its 'kunka'

Ancient Hittites - 'kun'

Romans - 'cunnus'

Swedish - 'kuntte'

'Cu' is one of the oldest sounds in Proto-Indo-European language, generally used in reference to femininity. Previously dismissed as Anglo Saxon slang.

The earliest recorded use was 'Groppecunte Lane' from 1230. It was known for the ladies of the nights that occupied there. 'Love lane', 'Fondle lane', and 'Puppekirky St' (Poke Skirt St) all existed around the same time. A 'Grope Lane' still exists in Shrewbury (Been there!) but most other Grope lanes were changed to Grape St or Lane in the 1700s to be more polite and not offend poor ladies sensibilities.

The first literacy example was used by William Dunbar in the 15th C. He used 'Cuntbitten' to mean afflicted by VD.

The great author Chaucer used 'queyntes' in some of his work. It was a pun on quaint and cunt.

By Shakeys time cunt had fell out of favour. He did make a joke about it however by refering to 'country matters' in reference to a ladies lap.

The english word bunny is derived from the french for 'conny' for a rabbit. This was phased out however as it was too similar to the french for cunt. The Spanish didn't bother and villages still exist with the spanish for cunt as the root word is used in the name of them.

Its also possible Count was replaced by Earl in England in 1066 by the French. It was quite easy to confuse an invading cunt and an invading count at the time.

The 1960s marked a turning point because the obscenity trial over D H Lawrence's Lady Chatterley's Lover over the use of the word cunt brought the word into discussion.

OOOoo and in Norway the word for wife 'Kone' is derived from their version of cunt..

Cannot remember exactly but the Welsh for fertile valley is related to the 'Cu' sound... I think...

I might post more as I find more info...

Ooooo some funny names from the past...

Godwin Clawecunte - 1066 (ouch!)

John FilleCunt - 1246 (Big boy ey?)

Bele Wydecunthe - 1328 (Now thats just not nice!)

Fanny Cunt - 1839 (fanny and cunt.. lucky girl)

WD Kuntz - A German gynaecologist!

Hey that's great thanks WandA!

Or

Jane Lykes,

The Cockwell Inn

Tillet

Herts.

or the famous Icelandic novice skater, Hugh Jarse, apparently he isn't very good.

TB

tallboy247 wrote:

Or

Jane Lykes,

The Cockwell Inn

Tillet

Herts.

or the famous Icelandic novice skater, Hugh Jarse, apparently he isn't very good.

TB

I remember buying rubbish players on footy manager just because of their name.

A GK called Quim...

Hey WandA, as good a reason for buying them as any l have heard, my goalie was one Seymour Clearly !!!

TB

WandA wrote:

Fanny Cunt....LMAO. How cruel parents can beExternal Media

Puppies77 wrote:

WandA wrote:

Fanny Cunt....LMAO. How cruel parents can beExternal Media

Maybe they were both really really rubbish unimaginative erotica writers....

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

You did this for an A-Level peice of coursework??!! External Media

i wouldve finished college if these were the assignments!!!!! x

Yeah... My teachers at A-Level were great!

I keep getting told off at uni... I keep making tongue in cheek jokes in my coursework... doesn't go down well...

Apparently I'm not to describe 'The Sun' as a comicbook for adults who can't read... in a essay concerning voting behaviour, or consider God's lack of activity over the last 1900 years to be proof that he/she either doesn't exist or is just really lazy/busy and therefore not omnipotent.

Aaaaa... The good old days at A-Level ey?

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Heh.. Like your comment on the Sun. Got anymore? I have trouble even believing the date on that paper..

I only done it on my first 3/4 essays... as I said the feedback wasn't very good...

I did make a joke in another essay about The 1986 World Cup 'Hand of God goal' being revenge for the Falklands War and how even Maggie Thatch (Boo, Hiss!) couldn't prevent it... Then as I said I stopped doing it.. External Media

hehehe, <3 your sense of humour baby!

Andserkiel wrote:

I have a very high level of reading and I enjoy The Sun thank you.

As I said, it was a tongue in cheek joke External Media.

I have a personal issue against the Sun and it was my essay so I thought I'd have a bit of fun.

He's a scouser, so part of his hatred for The Sun is bred into him, don't take too much notice haha!....He won't appreciate me speaking on his behalf though.

AdnaW wrote:

He's a scouser, so part of his hatred for The Sun is bred into him, don't take too much notice haha!....He won't appreciate me speaking on his behalf though.

Yeah.. You stay out of this! External Media