Can anyone recommend a Quiet(er) wand?

I live in shared house, so toy volume is something i have to be careful about. Wands are something I’ve always wanted to try, But everyone always says how loud they tend to be. Are any of them on the quieter end, or is this just a toy thats particularly tricky to use in a shared house?

1 Like

I also live in a shared house and iv always use doxys but now I use lovehoneys magic wands as I find the scroll wheel easier to use. Yes they can be loud but I personally feel comfortable using them up to 30% power even when people are walking past my room. Also mentioned in other threads have some music playing or tv in the background.

I don’t have any experience with other wands but if your ok with less power then maybe worth looking at lovehoneys rechargeable wands as they should be quieter.

2 Likes

Sorry, no recommendations. I will say though that I personally find wands to be amazing!

Even if you don’t get much alone time I would still recommend purchasing one to use the few times you are alone.

Typically toys are more loud if the vibrations are stronger (as previously stated). But I would also recommend one with stronger vibrations. Seriously hits the spot imo.

1 Like

The matric is a quieter one from my experience - although we mostly use it on the lowest settings as my OH prefers the lower rumbles - if you’re a power queen then I don’t think you’ll going to be able to find a truly quiet one…so as others have said perhaps rock out to some Pantera while you play!

2 Likes

I don’t find LH’s mains powered wand overly loud until it gets to the higher settings. We have very thin walls and I always worry about the neighbours being able to hear :see_no_evil:
Like other people have said, music, tv, the fan all help drown out the noise :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Get a box fan for your bedroom I makes noise that drowns most sounds we have one in our bedroom and my wife cranks it up so the kids can’t hear any toys

1 Like

THanks for all the recommendations and tips everyone. Wands are obviously really popular on here for a reason.

@David1986H everyone rates the lovehoney ones so i’ll definitely give them a look. Thanks for reassuring me about trying this. Its nice to know wands in a shared house can definitely be done and im not considering trying something unachievable.

@BLovesC any excuse to make a mix with some lachrimose in :laughing: .the mantric ones sound really good, definitely check those out. Thank you.

1 Like

Hey @Green_Eyed_Girl - The mains powered ones are generally more powerful and therefore tend to be louder, there’s lots of rechargeable options that can often be a bit quieter though.

The LH Deluxe Extra Powerful Mains Wand was featured in one of LH’s recent YouTube vids, and they turn it on so you could hear the sound if you’re interested? Obviously sound on video is tricky to grasp fully, but does give you a general idea and handy if you can find a video with a toy you already own to compare the difference. Minute 3.03 is where the wand turns on :blush:

1 Like

Oh, brilliant @SexInTheCity , thanks

“Wow! Roommate sure is watching the telly loud right now.” :rofl:

Feels proud to use the English “telly” in a sentence

3 Likes

Id be interested and just a nosey sod to know which wand you brought at the end lol. Also if your looking at getting the doxy or the LH magic wand, having spent 2+ years with both wands I don’t think the doxy is worth the extra £40 or so in my opinion. Maybe best spending that on lube and perhaps something else if you wish.

Great tip. More lube is always good :+1:

I’ll try and remember to assuage your curiosity and post what i get in the end. Mightn’t be for a while though as the family have twigged what the lovehoney boxes look like so are giving me low level guilt trip whenever one turns up.

1 Like

I feel the same way, once I press that order button I feel like I shouldn’t of done it. I’m not the one who’s first up in the mornings and I know they know where’s its from. But once I open the box and start playing around that guilt has gone, until next time.

What about local pick up? That way it doesn’t come to the door

1 Like

Have to admit, delivery to the post office is looking more and more tempting. Think i will just stick with it for the moment though. Not order too often.
Wasnt so obvious before everything went bonkers, but were all being very careful what we order so theres alot less post in general.
Half the issue, i suspect, is the boxes are always the large size xD makes it look like im hoarding half lovehoneys catalogue when its mostly packing paper inside.

I have the mantric rechargeable wand and the lovehoney mains wand.

They are both fab the mains one does a quicker job but must admit on full pelt sounds like an industrial sander.

The mantric one is quieter but takes longer to get me there.

I do use them both on full though. Under the covers with your door closed…I would imagine it’s not as bad as it sounds.

Good luck with whichever wand you decide on. There are a good selection.

Couldn’t be without my wands.

2 Likes

lol that’s one thing id wish they’d use slightly smaller boxes and less packaging, im sure the products will survive.

My next order will be at the end of next month as its my birthday, so im going to stock up on things and hopefully find something new if I can, so I don’t have to order anything for a few months.

1 Like

I recommend ordering some stuff from Hotel Chocolate. In my experience they often send stuff in plain boxes that look a lot like LH ones, so gives you a bit of plausible deniability. Plus delicious chocolate :joy:

1 Like

I love the way you think :laughing: :chocolate_bar:

@CurvyJilly how rumbly would you say they both are?

Ive was looking at the wevibe one prior to all the recommendations (its got some sort of smart silence thing and is supposed to be very rumbly) but i think the lovehoney and mantric ones might be stronger.
Plus im kind of wanting to buy wand toppers (not goinna lie, there are some awesome fantasy ones out there i am drooling over)

They are both rumbly the mains more powerful and the lead is a good length. The mantric is rechargeable so no cable but not as powerful or noisy.

Look at all the reviews but they are both my go to toys.

(I even bought a spare mains one when it was deal of the day as a just in case…:rofl:)

I had a post office pick up and it was quick and hassle free, although the woman behind the counter was like anything nice in the parcel…so I said yeah it’s a present :see_no_evil::joy:

But I would recommend it.

1 Like