Caring for a Honey Pot Masturbator

Recently bought one of these and looking at info for aftercare?

Should I use one of the renewer powders and if so, where do you sprinkle it?

Might be a stupid question!

1 Like

Hi :wave: you can buy renew powder and just puff it all over the toy and will bring back that silky feel.

However can get expensive and there is an alternative it’s also recommended on many forums including this one and it’s what we have used for years.

Use cornflower it is the same and same base ingredient in renewal powder.

Buy a cheap talcum powder bottle, empty it and refill with cornflour. Puff it over the toy over the bath / shower to save mess and it will be as good as new. We only sprinkle all over the outside :star_struck::+1:.

Ensure you wash out well the toy and let air dry completely first.

Who knows it may even thicken your gravy!!! :joy:

1 Like

Sometimes called corn starch also

I tried the renewing powder (cornflower) and it made the surface smooth rather than sticky but unless you wash the powder off again before use it mixes with any lubricant to form a messy paste.

Nowadays I just wash the insert well and dry it thoroughly.

Them powders are usually a good thing to have to keep the silicone soft and fresh, you sprinkle it inside after cleaning. But alas I’m not sure where you’d buy the powder on its own from unless Lovehoney sell it…

It’s just cornflour.

Wowzers!! That’s blown my mind :exploding_head: very good info to know thank you :pray:

Sounds like you might need to dust off the excess @rockstar.

The same thing was happening with my Doc Johnson realistic dildo, but I found that taking off the excess powder really helped.

The whole point of the powder is to suck up all the moisture that’s in the piece, which realistic pieces are notorious for being more porous. So give it a dust, let it sit for a while, then remove the excess and you should find it’s far less messy.