Chance meetings

I agree there are people on here I’d be quite curious to meet.
However, would be a nightmare for LH to put together and police etc., and of course have their reputation to consider and all sorts.

A lot of my curiosity is around how different face to face communications would be compared to communicating on here.
It is a lot easier to be honest and expressive behind anonymity, and although I’d like to think I would say everything verbally in person, all of those other aspects come into play (energy of room, how people react/respond, emotions). For that it would be fascinating, I would expect people have a lot of preconceived ideas of other forum members and would be great to see how many of those would change.

1 Like

I’ve not knowingly met anyone.

I wouldnt be against it, however, what do we talk about in public? Cant be sitting havinf a coffee in a public area chatting about sex toys or whatever in oublic like that.
Not as if I’d meet anyone else to do anything more.

Name 3 members you would like to meet in person (regardless of the reason)…

1 Like

Great question @valbowski77 but I could not narrow it down to 3, may be 33. I am a very sociable person and love talking to people. I find everyone has a story to tell.

1 Like

I won’t name them, but there’s a few i’d love to meet because of shared interests and outlooks.

2 Likes

You’d be surprised, i was sat outside a costa last summer and 3 women were chatting about toys, they were trying to be subtle but they just weren’t very good at it :joy:.

I have overheard work colleagues discussing buying toys from Lovehoney, and i kept my gob shut!

2 Likes

@WillC how did you manage that mate :raised_hands: lol

I’d love a meet up but it will NEVER happen - it would just be far too much fuss to police.

3 Likes

It was surprisingly easy!

1 Like

I bet you could tell them a tale or 2 mate and some friendly advice as always wise and honest :+1: @WillC

Yeah but i want to maintain my anonymity! But we DO have a laugh and i do give good advice if needed!

How’s the health and job situation @Gazza_64? All good i hope :crossed_fingers:

Mate @WillC it’s like it never happened I don’t feel any different thanks for asking ! I would like to say like a new man but it maybe taken the wrong way lol ! :+1:

2 Likes

That’s good to know!

I went to an erotic writers conference and am pretty confident some of the attendees post here. At the time I was a Lovehoney student blogger so people could probably make the connection.

I think it’s not difficult to identify some of the people here because some people use the same username across the internet. And use social media to promote their various products/projects.

Saying all that. I wouldn’t consider the people I meet by chance friends (to date). There are a handful of people I follow on social media; I read their writing and have attended creative workshops with them. But due to the nature of their work we keep a professional distance.

1 Like

Why? I do :woman_shrugging:t2::rofl:

(Not with kids around obviously but random adults are welcome to eavesdrop if they wish)

1 Like