Changing the review titles

I have noticed and so I am sure have most people that the titles keep being changed to include the product name.

I usually try and write an eye catching title and look for one as well but now they all seem to be the same and mundane.

Sometimes with long product names there is only one word difference now.

Is there a reason why the titles are being changed? Or is it a glitch?

Yeah, it's happened to some of mine, and it makes me feel like the meaning has changed a bit from what I originally intended.

Exactly! I personally dislike it. When I think of a good title then becomes like everyone elses!

Yeah the fiddling with my titles annoys me, quit it guys.

Yeah, I'd say either leave it as it was, with the different titles, or just do away with the option to write a title and slap the product name in there automatically. The current system just isn't working, as the titles now all look sloppy and in some cases pure gibberish, and it can put folk off bothering to write anything other than the product name in there, knowing it'll be butchered, so the option may as well just be removed and save the messiness.

Another for product title or just leave my super witty titles alone...

Some of the stuff that's been changed, comedy gold I tell you (and you cannot prove otherwise)!

I don't see the need to change them, you get linked to the product page so generally know what the product is.

Hi all, yes we've just started adding more product name keywords into the review titles.

Soz if they occasionally look a bit clumsy - it's a good Google practice for us, though.

I think we'll probably just disable the title option so nobody has to bother with it.

Ah. What's good for the goose is good for the Google as that saying goes... Or something like that.

Probably better disabling it, I did used to struggle thinking of titles sometimes...

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

WandA wrote:

Ah. What's good for the goose is good for the Google as that saying goes... Or something like that.

Probably better disabling it, I did used to struggle thinking of titles sometimes...

Same here. Sometimes titles are a struggle.

Suits me fine - I'm rubbish at coming up with titles!

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

WandA wrote:

Same here. Sometimes titles are a struggle.

Suits me fine - I'm rubbish at coming up with titles!

Adx

And me. I think that would be much better.

Me too. I don't like coming up with titles and I know mine are probably rubbish, but it just annoyed me when I spent time coming up with titles only to have them changed on me.

Im not bothered about having a title. It's like a review spoiler :-p x

Wizzie86 wrote:

Im not bothered about having a title. It's like a review spoiler :-p x

I dont know, sometimes titles can be useful when you dont want to read the whole thing. My reviews normally start with one or two sentences giving my overall opinion on the product before I go on to explain why, to help people like that!

Also whilst we're talking about reviews... When the list of Latest reviews is shown in the communty section would it be possible to say who the review was by in addition to just the product and review title?

chipNroll wrote:

Also whilst we're talking about reviews... When the list of Latest reviews is shown in the communty section would it be possible to say who the review was by in addition to just the product and review title?

Tis on the improvements list, shouldn't be too long before we can see it live.

That will be good!

Ooooh you can't stop progress!

After some discussion and consideration, we think it would be a shame to remove the option to have a title and lose your creativity with them.

As you know, putting key words into the review titles lets Google find them better - and of course we want as many people as possible to find your reviews, so they can help more people. Because of this, we need to cleverly add key words while not wrecking your titles.

So, we're trying to write some guidelines for the editors at LoveHoney to use, and thought your input would be very useful.

Here are some ideas for guidelines. Do you think this would tread the line?

----

1. Add key words as naturally as possible in product titles.

e.g. "Lelo-licious" could be changed to "Lelo-licious Massage Candle"

2. The complete product name does not need to be added

e.g. "Fantastic Value" could be changed to "Fantastic Value Basque" but does NOT need to be "Fantastic Value Classified Gigi Basque"

e.g. "Great" could be changed to "Great Anal Dildo" but does NOT need to be "Doc Johnson 7 inch Slimline Anal Dildo"

3. If someone has obviously crafted a witty title, leave it be.

e.g. "Cock-A-Doodle-Don't…" shouldn't be changed to "Cock-A-Doodle-Don't Anal Lubricant Tub 170g"

4. If there is no product title (or you can't think of a title) - just use the product name.

That sounds fair enough to me! Hmmm, 'Lelo-licious', i recognise that title! Guess i know what my titles going to be now! Good work Alice.

Thats sounds great alice