Chat rooms

Is there such a thing as the good old chat rooms any more? Not here as such but any apps? I used to love a good old chat lol

2 Likes

I think there still are some about and have been mentioned on here in the past so hopefully someone will reply with one of the links or a name to one :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Miss a chat … not the same as the old chat rooms

5 Likes

I miss the old chat rooms…I met my last hubby on Genie chat way back when :joy: no camera phones in these days just texts …lasted almost 12 years together :blush:

3 Likes

I’ve tried the chat/date apps but they have not worked out …just a person to chat away about random nonsense…anything…that’s just not as it used to be … happy to join any suggested places

5 Likes

That’s exactly it @Vivi72 just normal chat, no pressure, no dates involved , just chat chat chat. That’s the ones I miss. I went on a dating app a couple of years ago as it said dates and friends and I was told umpteen times I shouldn’t be there if I didn’t want a date, so that didn’t end well :joy:

2 Likes

Absolutely… I’ve had some fab times chatting away …couple of long time friends which has far outweighed the negative for me. This might be the place to find the next chat adventure :relaxed:

2 Likes

Fingers crossed :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yes, I miss chat rooms as well. Dirty Pen Pals on Reddit is ok, but proper chat rooms where you can talk about random stuff is better

2 Likes

Definatootly @CuriousGuy :blush:

1 Like

I’ve had a search for the chat room threads but I think it’s the usual ones … no sure if anyone has used Snapchat or Kik ?

1 Like

I’ve not found the rooms on Kik to be any good, and havn’t tried snapchat.

I just use them one on one but I see the group option. I have a couple of groups on Skype when a few migrated from an older site. Would be nice to find somewhere

2 Likes

I used to use chat avenue back in the day!

1 Like

Hey - is Skype still online.?

We same

I used to love Virgin Chat and Yahoo Chat but both died a while ago.

Not found anything else to replace.

2 Likes

Chat rooms allow users to interact with one another in real time over the Internet. They can be used for many purposes, including bonding over common interests, learning from one another’s experiences, and general socializing. Whether you’re looking to connect with old friends, establish some new ones, or network for your business, chat rooms are a terrific option.

I use Skype to chat :blush:

3 Likes

@CuriousGuy kik used to be quite good but has seriously gone down hill

1 Like