Cleaning butt plug after... accident

Bit of an embarrassing first post but oh well.

So I was using my butt plug recently and in the heat of the moment, happened to look down and... yeah there was some “brown stuff”. I made sure as I always do that I had gone to the toilet in advance before using it, and yet it somehow happened.

My problem now is that I’m not sure how best to clean it after my accident. Normally I give it a good rinse in warm water and scrub it with some Lovehoney toy cleaner, but I’m not sure if thats enough. I did it anyway but also washed it with some hand sanitizer I had lying around. Is this enough for cleaning it fully or is there more that I should do? And is there a way I can avoid this happening again?

If it is silicone people say you can put it in the dishwasher.

If it’s made from silicone then it can go in the dishwasher (no tablet/detergent) or be boiled in water for a few minutes :)

Most toy cleaners have chlorhexidine as the antiseptic. It is a medical grade sterilizer. After every use, with all anal toys, you should be cleaning with warm water and Soap/detergent(fairy liquid is ideal) followed by a sterilizing spray/wipe.

If you play around the bum enough, the odd “incident” does occur. Sometimes just a little bit of waste can remain in the rectum after a bowel movement. If you haven’t done, try a douche it totally cleans out the rectum.

Firstly Hello + welcome, you have some good advice above but thought that I would also add that you could always cover your toy with a condom; it is just an extra precaution that some people take.

All been there at some point, just have some baby wipes handy, give it a clean, then wash with hot soapy water/Carex, dry and all good, don't scrub with anything rough, your fingers will be fine, and don't worry.

Hey and welcome, nothing to be embarrassed about as everyone poops!
Best thing is to give it a quick wipe with some toilet tissue and then maybe an anti bacterial wipe. Once you have done that just submerge the toy (unless it has electronic parts) in some warm soapy water and rinse off. If it’s silicone you may need to give it another quick wash after as they tend to hold bacteria and go a tad smelly which should go after time and a thorough wash!
You may want to look into purchasing a douche to make things a little more comfy and to stop these incidents from happening, it’s essentials with bum play in my eyes 👌🏻