Clone a Willy. Flared base?

Hey folks. Baaaaaasiically, I've had my interest piqued in the clone a willy kit, after reading a review about it and watching the lovehoney video (again) but, my hopes of using it were slightly dashed when I realized it would produce a completely unflared dildo. Not very safe if you want to go plundering the tunnel of doom.

So, I'm hoping that one of you clever folks will be able to suggest something to embed in it to make it flared. I've already decided I wouldn't put the vibe in it, so there is all that empty space for anchorage.

Also, If anyone has used the kit before, I'd like to ask how much spare rubber they had left over after using the kit, as the easiest way of getting around this would be to just build up the edges of the tube and over fill it, making a nice, stable flare.

Thanks all. =)

I can't really give my opinion because I haven't used a kit (although I want to, and I'm intrested in the outcome of this thread) but you could always buy a extra moulding powder bag - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16713

I'd like to know if these kits are any good. Pros and cons and stuff. I've been thinking of getting one to try and make something for my gf but always held back from actually buying it.

EmilyBlenkins wrote:

I can't really give my opinion because I haven't used a kit (although I want to, and I'm intrested in the outcome of this thread) but you could always buy a extra moulding powder bag - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16713

I just realised I said I all the way through that, I meant we/he :P

Hey clown feet. From what i've heard they are actually really good kits. The review I read (not on LH, though I have read LH ones too ofc. =) ) was submitted by someone who is incredibly critical and investigates materials and such very thoroughly. Seems like it's all good. =)

The extra molding powder wouldn't do much good i'm afraid EB, as it's not the rubber you make the dildo out off, but the material you mold yourself with. I took another look at the product pictures and it seems like, along with a slight natural flair you would get with a natural penis that you wouldn't get with the dildo they use in the demonstration video, there should be enough rubber left over for me to make a decent base. Good times.

Be fun to make one when she's back :D I'll need to look into getting one.

Pixieking wrote:

Hey clown feet. From what i've heard they are actually really good kits. The review I read (not on LH, though I have read LH ones too ofc. =) ) was submitted by someone who is incredibly critical and investigates materials and such very thoroughly. Seems like it's all good. =)

The extra molding powder wouldn't do much good i'm afraid EB, as it's not the rubber you make the dildo out off, but the material you mold yourself with. I took another look at the product pictures and it seems like, along with a slight natural flair you would get with a natural penis that you wouldn't get with the dildo they use in the demonstration video, there should be enough rubber left over for me to make a decent base. Good times.

Ah, sorry for the useless input from me then :P

No bother! I really appriciate the thought. =)

Well that was a total failure.

Tried to do the kit with folk in the house, so not only was I rushing, but I made a serious technical fault; I cut the tube and inch and a half too long. I way over-estimated the amount of molding gel there was and when fully filled there wasn't enough to completely cover myself. Added to the fact that I decided to skip using the cock ring because I thought I would be fine, and a mad panic trying to cut down the tube While the mix was inside it, it's safe to say it solidified before I could get it right.

The spare molding powder is currently out of stock so I wont be able to do it again till mid june, but it's my own fault. Luckily, in my haste to cut the tube down to size, I only managed to make it slightly too short, and i'll be able to fix that with a bit of duct tape.

Next time, cock ring essential, wait untill house is empty, and by god, get it right.

Now I see why so many of the reviews start with "Our first attempt" =D

That's ashame, hope it works better next time. In regards to the flared base you could get a suction cup and use that instead of the vibe. I know you can get one's that are different sizes so you'd just have to look for the right one.

Try this - get yourself a doughnut cock ring http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15226 or similar and wear it when you take the mould. The final shape should have a thick enough base for your purposes. You may have to extend the tube outwards , but a bit of plastic bottle and lots of tape should hold it for long enough to set the material.

Let us know how it works..

That's a good idea actually.

Unfortunately, since i'm gonna have to spend money on extra powder I really don't want to spend anymore money on it. I had a test run with the dry tube, and I think that just making sure i'm fully "in" will give me enough of a flare, just because the surrounding area will be pushed into the tube slightly aswell. I'm going to get a bit of card and make an oval, cover it in duct tape and seal it to the top of the mold, so I can make as big a base as I can with as little material. Hopefully i'll have enough.

I was kinda of tempted to buy another kit, so that i'd get a fresh tube, more rubber so that I don't have to worry about not having enough and also the moulding powder, but £50 is far too much for a copy.

I'm actually kinda annoyed that they give you so little for the kit, since i'm essentially average and i'm worried there wont be enough rubber. Ah well, I knew what I was getting into. The result will be worth the hasstle.

Pixieking wrote:

That's a good idea actually.

Don't sound so surprised - I do have them occasionally...

External Media

You could even use plasticene or something to add a bit of bulk. The only down side is that you sacrifice a little length in order to build up the base.

hi were just about to order the clone-a-willy vibrator, but my man is 9" and after reading all the reviews it is obvious that we are going to need extra mixture! Where do i purchase this from, as i cannot see if for sale on lovehoney, and we want to order it all at the same time so we can get started asap! Thanks :-)

Lovehoney do sell it

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16713

But it's out of stock at the moment

:-( thanks anyway :-)

Tempted to try one of these myself sometime in the future be good to know how they appear.

Lovehoney - Hella Rouge wrote:

A-ha! We now have the http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21507 - No flared base required with a nice pair of balls on the end AND you won't have to forgo the vibe if you don't want to. Sorted.

External Media

I'd give this a go if it was a bit lower in price. I don't want to appear to be tight-fisted but I wouldn't want to spend £40 if it went tits up!

Yeah me too, I asked for a video to explain it more & Bonny has put it on the list....

Hella i will try it out if u need testers (forgot i posted in this thread).

Still want to see the outcome myself, i want to see how much detial comes etc etc think id start with a cheap one then move up if i thought it worth it.