Cock Ring Questions

Without violating my NSFW policy here in the office, I wanted to know the first choice for a cock ring and really the truth behind how they work.

I was always under the impression that a cock ring was to keep the blood in the shaft. I have absolutely no problem staying hard, in fact, the opposite may be true… I think what I am looking for is a ring I can wear that vibrates us both. I feel that the ring may actually make me numb a bit and that trusting with it on would do a couple things:

1. Transmit waves through my shaft into her
  2. Numb my sensitivity so that I don’t go as quick (am I way off??)

I think I want to get a vibrating one and I know some have a little pad that sits on the clit. I can see that only being effective if I am all the way inside her and grind on her clit. Is that what these do? Will it just become annoying and get tossed aside? I am about the same length as girth (measurement around of 6.5") and feel that it may stop me from going as deep as I would like (which may be better for her?)

Let me know if you all can help or if this would be a waste of money

3 Likes

You helped me so I will do my best to give you my option on them. I’ve owned and used a few of the cheap ones which are a one time use and found them rubbish.
They have a very low vibrate which didn’t come close to my clit and a few previous partners have found them uncomfortable.
Around 6 months ago me and my OH decided to try a better one. The one we purchased was from Lovehoney. It wasn’t a one time use toy and it fitted around the cock and balls. It had a bullet attached to the top. This also sadly didn’t do anything for me or my partner. If my partner presses the bullet against my clit then yes it’s a nice buzzing feeling but we don’t have sex like that. He likes to pound me very hard and fast. I took the bullet out and tried using that directly on my clit myself and it just made me numb.
I’m sure they work for some couples but sadly not for me.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’d love to try one but will not pay for something that is trash.

@Lovehoney_Brenna , send @Deanna32 and I a tester unit for a full working over and review.

We aren’t believers…change our minds

1 Like

Obviously everyone is different, so there is no guarantee what will or won’t work for you. However…

When using them as a couple, they work best when in positions that maintain clitoral contact as much as possible. Her on top works well, but some angles of you being on top will also work. As you said, grinding more than thrusting will work better.

In terms of direct stimulation from the toy to her, the cheaper ones do tend to be higher frequency (buzzy) vibrations. These work for some, but not for others. There are rechargeable versions that are more of a lower frequency vibration (rumbly) if that’s the type of vibration she prefers (although not all rechargeable ones are rumbly). One benefit of rumbly vibrations though is that they transmit through skin better so if you are looking for one that will allow her to feel the vibration down the length of your penis, then the rumblier the better (although do check your expectations on this as, even if it works, it’s not going to turn your penis into something that rivals an actual vibrator).

It’s also worth thinking about the type of shape of clitoral vibrator that works for her normally. Some people like pinpoint stimulation, whereas others prefer a more broad stimulation. This isn’t as big a deal breaker for cock rings because there will be other stimulation going on, but it’s still worth considering if she does have very specific toy preferences.

In terms of not being able to insert your whole length, some cock rings are pretty thin, some are a bit thicker. It depends which one you go for but realistically you a looking a losing around 1cm.

I’m not sure it will make you go numb though. If you are going numb through it being tight then you need to get the ring off asap. If you mean from the vibration, it depends how you react to vibration (keeping in mind buzzy vs rumbly). It could, of course, overstimulate you. You won’t know until you try really.

4 Likes

Thanks @Calie - very helpful. Never owned one, never tried one. Might be worth it - not sure

I have, and we both love, the tenga cock ring.

You are correct… for the vibrations to do anything for her, i have to be deep in her pussy. The long length of the vibrating part means it reaches her clit without problems.

When we use it, we make love slightly differently. Less long thrusts, more short, deep in, thrusts and more grinding.

It’s a really lovely toy, the only one that has enabled us to have her come hands free during sex… and the only toy that has incentivised us to make love differently.

She loves it, it doesn’t do much directly to me personally, but i love what it does to her when we use it.

We’ve got other toys for long hard thrusts/pounding sex, so it makes for a lovely change, but you have to work with it, not hope I’ll work just the way you usually have sex.

Also will only work in missionary or cowgirl.

1 Like

Thanks @JustAnotherPervert . Her favorite is missionary or me laying beside her and entering with her on her back and me on my side with her legs up and bent. This unit looks like it could spin and could work with a deep Doggy-style option as well? I suppose this is what you are saying is that you have to try it out.

I appreciate the help and may grab one to play with. I have some points expiring so this may be a tool for the toolbox…

Ughh…out of stock in Canada…

We only have tried one vibrating cock ring (ROMP Juke Rechargeable Vibrating Cock Ring), and I wasn’t a fan :-1: I liked the vibrations if I held it on my clit, but when attached, it was hard to get it in the right spot, and I didn’t like the way it made his penis buzzy (did not feel good for me at all). He likes it so he uses it solo now. Not sure if I just don’t like vibrating cock rings, or if it was just this one I didn’t like, but not sure if we will try another… But we do really like some of the non vibrating options from oxballs :heart_eyes:

We received this one as a tester (https://www.lovehoney.com.au/sex-toys/male-sex-toys/penis-extenders-sleeves/p/tracey-cox-rechargeable-vibrating-penis-enhancer/a46865g84160.html) sorry I can’t remember how to do the links properly

And although it is less of a standard cock ring, we found it was quite fun and my partner enjoyed it alot. Feel free to read my review under the same name.

I also have a few different ones from oxballs and like then, but they are non vibrating and I wear them more for me then my partner.

I am looking to get a steel one, but have to make sure I find the right size, but again that’s more for me then my partner as I enjoy the restriction and think it would go well with my stainless ball weights.

Just my 2 cents :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We have found them to be a bit hit and miss product. Finding ones that work best for us has meant trying out many types. Vibrating once work best for my OH when she is on top and grinding on me. She prefers rabbit ears with a small vibrator built in, instead of a bulb/ridge/bullet and I prefer rechargeable double rings,
We hardly use them since she has a womaniser and she has sore hips, so grinding becomes harder to do.

@valbowski77 I can second the Tenga cock ring, we purchased , arrived yesterday, used last night and we will be giving a 5 star review :+1::star_struck:

2 Likes

My wife enjoys toys but is very toy shy. She never talks about them or ask for them.

Except for that Tenga Ring… :heart:

We have a rabbit ring as well, but that never gets used. The bulky design of the rabbit element means I always end up hurting her with a giant lump of vibrating silicone.

The tenga is cleverly designed really. Super flat, totally unobtrusive, and the length means it reaches her clit effortlessly. Really good toy for us!

1 Like

@PKH What does the Oxballs help with if you don’t need the extended erection stamina? Is it a BDSM item of sorts or just a prop for visuals? I read the description and I understand how it works but your emoji suggested something that you really like. Please advise when you can.

Yes cock rings usually help to keep guys more erect during sex but with added vibration stimulation can be used to pleasure both him and her. Most rings are advised to not be worn for long periods of time due to cutting circulation off so I’d say you may well lose some sensation in your penis after a while of it being on during a session.

There are some cock rings on the LH site designed to help pleasure clit stimulation and even have little bunny ears to tickle so maybe something like that may prove beneficial to your needs :slightly_smiling_face:

Also you’ve got a variety of cock and ball rings too if of interest.

1 Like

@valbowski77 They’re just regular cock rings, some with ball stretchers! I like the way they look, they’re comfy for both of us, and they do the usual, help with maintaining erection and give the balls a nice feeling when he climaxes - I just mentioned them separately because they’re not vibrating :+1:

1 Like