Cock ring too small?

Hey guys, just looking for some advice about cock rings. We recently got sent http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31688 to test and we tried it on last night. The smaller ring for the penis was fine, no trouble there, but once the second ring was on around the scrotum too, my boyfriend's penis was bright red and worryingly swollen, like, veins popping out steroid abuse swollen. Is this normal? I took it off right away because it just looked really worrying, we have a couple of other cock rings and they've never had this effect. It's a tester product so I want to be able to thoroughly test it and hopefully leave a good review at the end, but I don't want to risk injuring my boyfriend. How tight is too tight, risk-wise?

Hey miss lurvin, what you describe sounds like the ring was doing it's job well.
You should really go by how it feels (to him) if its painful then stop!

I don't think it had anything to do with the ring for the testicles but the ring around the penis, did your OH find it uncomfortable at all? This sounds like a fairly normal thing, it's simply blood restriction, which cock rings have you used in the past? If they weren't very good then you may not have seen the full effect of a cock ring before, if you don't like the look that's your choice but it doesn't sound like it's doing any damage, if your OH feels discomfort while wearing it take it off immediately but you can't cause damage without feeling discomfort. You should never leave a cock ring on for longer than 30minutes either.

Hi Miss Lowin, we've had this before with one ring we tried - it was a single ring but went around both cock and scrotum. Was metal so no stretch and he went dark purple and exactly as you describe but also definite pain after only a minute or so fully erect (wasn't easy to remove either!). If your partner's in pain, take it off, it's too small!

This cock ring is designed to increase erection size, so it is suppose to look like it's more swollen. We use a adjustable cock ring for this purpose and it does make the penis swell, but it doesn't cause any pain. It often makes the orgasam for a man much more powerful. I actually quite like the feeling of him inside me when he's wearing it too, because of the swelling.

Of course, if you or your boyfriend aren't comfortable using it like this, then stop. But I think in this case you should maybe try it out again bearing this in mind and see how things go. If your boyfriend feels uncomfortable then take it off, but I would try a little bit longer with it and see how things go.

Peitho wrote:

Hi Miss Lowin, we've had this before with one ring we tried - it was a single ring but went around both cock and scrotum. Was metal so no stretch and he went dark purple and exactly as you describe but also definite pain after only a minute or so fully erect (wasn't easy to remove either!). If your partner's in pain, take it off, it's too small!

Metal/fixed rings have to be measured to fit beforehand for exactly this reason, they are not one size fits all and can cause serious damage because once it's on it's not coming off. Stretchy rings are much safer.

Young and fun95 wrote:

Peitho wrote:

Metal/fixed rings have to be measured to fit beforehand for exactly this reason, they are not one size fits all and can cause serious damage because once it's on it's not coming off. Stretchy rings are much safer.

It was the largest of the sizes available and he really wanted to try a metal ring. However, yes, lesson learnt. I would say though that stretchy rings are not necessarily one size fits all, they can still be too tight and painful in use. The two successful ones we now have are both adjustable.

True but stretchy ones come off if needs be, I'd never use a fixed one, we have 30 and only two of those are failures

Thanks for all the advice guys! Great to see so many responses so quickly. It sounds like I'm worrying too much so we'll experiment more extensively with it ;)

Hello!

When we were first looking at this product and deciding whether to stock it we first thought it was too small. BUT we realised we were not putting it on properly. We were trying to make it work like a regular double cock ring - rather than the way it's intended to be worn.

Can I just check you were putting it on like the picture shows? Rather than trying to put both on the shaft and then trying to tuck the balls through?

![](upload://4uHQxYEzhMRFoBjlFcv9Hh99Ulw.jpeg)

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Hello!

When we were first looking at this product and deciding whether to stock it we first thought it was too small. BUT we realised we were not putting it on properly. We were trying to make it work like a regular double cock ring - rather than the way it's intended to be worn.

Can I just check you were putting it on like the picture shows? Rather than trying to put both on the shaft and then trying to tuck the balls through?

Very good point! That would explain why you noticed the over swelling after adding the testicle ring. Easy mistake to make. I do much prefer the way this goes on though

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Oooooft if not.

Oh wow Alice, that's completely not what we were doing, haha. That explains a lot. We'll try it like that and report back.

Whoops! Well done Alice! Saved the day!

are there no instructions with the pack? :S

@Young and fun- the packaging came with general instructions for all the brand's toys rather than specific ones, but the picture on the back should make it pretty clear, I'm just an idiot. Oh well, lesson learned!

Haha! Well it's much easier to put on like the picture anyway. Something you can add to the review though :)

Miss Löwin wrote:

@Young and fun- the packaging came with general instructions for all the brand's toys rather than specific ones, but the picture on the back should make it pretty clear, I'm just an idiot. Oh well, lesson learned!

If you are, I am too because that's what I did the first time I got it! Luckily I did it on our stunt dildo though - hope your boyfriend is not too traumatised!

And yes, please do make that clear in the review so hopefully other people will avoid the same (Easy) mistake.