Cock Rings....where size does seems to matter

A newbie to the site and forum...so, Hi first of all.....I've tried cock rings in the past with varying sucess. and toying (no pun intended) in trying a metal solid ring type (around the cock and balls). Although it is wih some trepidation as putting it on seems straight forward as, quite correctly, the suggestion is to put it on before things get going...getting it off afterwards though !!??...Hence im interested to know other people's experiences....are metal ones with a hinge just as good and remove the worries of trying to remove them ?...or is a solid ring the way to go ?

Also, there is the challenge of right sizing....the guide on the site gives the right advice about measuring circumference which is great. However, I have a 7 inch shaft girth and would the 1.9" metal ring really be too tight ? The results with the flexbile ones are great and OH sees and experiences the difference....so perhaps the question is....is metal worth its weight ?

I have solid ones and like you say some of them have better results that others, in terms of staying in place etc but.. I added this to an order just to make up the money for when £40 delivery was free and its the best one I own by far.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=38803

Like I say in my review for it, the three rings are slightly different sizes so it can go 6 different ways. Its only a few mm difference but it makes big change. Just got out a hot bath I can fit the smallest ring down (balls) and as you get back to room temperature its much better than trying to go to much to quickly and it hurting... that makes sense in my mind, if you can follow my logic.

Also like 16quid, cant go wrong.

I went off on a tangent about how good the tri cockring is I missed the whole point of your questions lol.

I've never had any problems getting one off before. The only rule I know is.. balls in first, then big ol Mr knish, reverse for removing, Knish then balls.

Personally I would never recommend the hinged ones, there is always a way skin can get pinched.

I prefer the steel rings with a bit of width, I find the circular (the material the ring is made of) pinch too much so prefer the side to be flat.

Lovehoney used to (years ago) do a set of three different sizes so you you could experiment and get the right size.

Is this for behind the balls or on the shaft itself?