Cock rings

Hi, (unfortunately, really) I'm back on the dating scene again, and have a bit of a confidence problem with keeping my erection solid after entry - I've got into thinking about it each time and as soon as I do, the hardness starts to go. So I'm thinking of using a cock ring for the first time, but I have a few questions:

1) Do they work to keep the erection solid?

2) Are they safe?

3) How do women feel sbout a guy using one, i e, does it suggest he has a problem?

4) When using a condom, is it best to put the ring on first or put it over the condom?

Any help would be appreciated!

Hello,

1) Providing the cock ring fits well, yes. My partner has found most success with the cock rings that also have a strap or ring for the balls as he’s a little bit larger and likes the additional support, but basic cock rings will work just fine if the fit is snug. Not too tight though. You don’t want to hurt yourself.

2) Yes. One thing to note is that it’s not recommended to wear them for long periods of time as the penis needs to breathe and circulate blood properly. The advised time is around thirty minutes. Switching to another activity (i.e oral sex) and removing it for a while then putting it back on to finish is a good workaround for longer sessions.

3) Honestly, no. It’s an enhancement, like any other sex toy, not a replacement for the other person or an indication that the other person is unable to perform. If my partner is wanting to enhance himself by wearing a cock ring to have better, stronger erections I’m totally down with that. Even better if it vibrates and can send some extra stimulation to me!

4) In our experience, ring on first as it needs to be positioned at the base of the penis.

Hope this helps :)

Hello :) 1) in our experience yes they do work! 2) very much so, as long as you have the correct size- not too tight! 3) I prefer that my husband can keep his erection going for longer than being put off by it. 4) my husband puts the condom on first and that works for us, depends on what you feel is best- there is no ‘right’ way :)

Thanks for the very informative replies!

I have a large heavy stainless steel one that goes around the shaft and balls.

it does make a massive difference, it is the right size that i have worn it all night a few times.

In answer to the questions, yes, yes and I certainly don't mind them, think they look very sexy if worn around the base of the cock and balls, as described above. For that, he has a steel one, a couple of silicone ones and a leather strap which can be adjusted. He also sometimes wears a smaller ring just around the base of his cock instead, see our reviews.

The ring goes on before the condom. If the ring is very tight it's best to take it off after cumming.

Thanks again for all your helpful comments.

I'm seeing someone at the weekend and she's invited me to stay over so, if all goes well, I'll try one out with her. I've known her for quite a while as a friend, so that should help with the confidence issue.![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I am also looking for one to last longer

Great results from cock rings - I own a few and have binned a few! I find they need to be on for at least 5 minutes - 10-15 for maximum retardation - before penetration. When I was getting some regularly I would slap one on before or during foreplay so was ripe and primed for when the ehem, slamming started lol.

Vibrating ones add to the flavour but some can be veeery noisy so not great for solo play and/or if you live with others. Try a set of different sizes as well as ball rings too :)

Had sex with the ring three times over the weekend. Only put it on just before going inside her so will have to try the tip about putting it on well before next time. But worked fine - great to be able to just keep going without worrying about my erection. Needed to use condoms and put the ring over the condom OK. So thanks again to all!

One thing I noticed though was, although I came quite powerfully each time, there was hardly anything in the condoms, which I think was a bit of a disappointment for my lady friend. So is it normal then that cock rings 'block' the semen in this way?

Mr & Mrs A wrote:

I have a large heavy stainless steel one that goes around the shaft and balls.

it does make a massive difference, it is the right size that i have worn it all night a few times.

Hi Mr & Mrs A

I don't mean to scare you, but please please never ever wear a cock ring (especially a rigid one) for more than 30 minutes.

Restricting oxygenated blood flow like this can lead to necrosis. It will literally kill your penis.

1 Like

JohnA wrote:

One thing I noticed though was, although I came quite powerfully each time, there was hardly anything in the condoms, which I think was a bit of a disappointment for my lady friend. So is it normal then that cock rings 'block' the semen in this way?

Yes this is perfectly normal as the cock ring puts pressure against the base of the penis, which helps to slow / prevent ejaculate from leaving your penis.

Unless you're aware that your playmate has a thing for large quantities of semen, it's unlikely she even noticed, let alone was disappointed.

(Personally, I much prefer a small load for many reasons... Easier clean up, less liklihood of gravity 'taking effect' hours later in my pants, I'm more likely to perform oral AND on a psychological level, less cum = less sperm = less likely I'll get pregnant. Also, less precum is a major bonus for me.)

They look great on my husband and he says that he likes the restricted feeling they give him. I got him to buy a selection of sizes. Some he fits around the base of his shafts and stays on during sex. The smaller ones he fits at the base of his helmet and I usually remove this with my teeth. They are used occasionally and are great fun, I recommend anyone to give them a try.

Thanks, for the explanation, Jess. I have been with quite a few partners who were keen on a good load, but I agree that most didn't worry about it. I suppose I could just take the ring off to finish if I feel that would be beneficial.

I’ll try few different once always kinda make me feel uncomfy , unnatural in way…. Not sure if anyone have same experience but it make me a little numb .
Maybe there was to tight…
Only other thing we try was kind of a cock ring leash …. We have that discovered when buy bdsm bundle it’s not really a cock ring but in a way works in same way . It’s going around on you as a cock ring with a leash so ur partner actually control everything. For me actually was more about giving control to her than effect of a trapped blood.