coil info needed

Hi had the implant in and was bleeding for 7month with probably a few days break have had swabs done for infection and a smear all is fine so had it removed
docs have advised me to have a miren coil fitted and family planning said take 2paracetomol before i come to have it fitted which has freaked me out can anyone tell me the procedure for this going in thanks

If you've had children before im told it's easier but if you havent it can be a little painful. It's a bit like a smear in the sense that you're on a bed with the same device and then there's like an unpleasent pushing sensation for a few minutes and then its all over.

I was offered local anaesthetic and i took painkillers before and after when i got home with a hot water bottle. It was kind of like a bad period ache for me but everyones different and i had/have complications with mine.

Try not to worry yourself too much as it's really not that bad x

I've had several mirena coils in the past and didn't take any paracetamol before I had mine fitted.It can be a bit uncomfortable to have one fitted, a minute or so of period like stomach cramps and my doctor liked to fit them during a period because the cervix is softer and it makes it easier. It's similar to a smear test proceedure except that a thin applicator is inserted and this is how the coil placed inside . It's over pretty quickly and apart from checking the threads once a month to make sure that the coil is still in place you can pretty much forget about it for 5years .
Don't be too worried about having it done, take the paracetamol and try to let your body relax as much as possible during the fitting , difficult I know but it does help.

Ove had the copper coil in now for over a year. I didnt give birth to my son "naturally" and apparently have a small cervix. Personally it hurt ALOT and continued to hurt for a couple of weeks. I bled for over a year on the implant and have done the same with this coil. Xx