Colonoscopy and Anal Sex/Masturbation

Hi all,

On August 26th I'm due to have a colonoscopy and gastoscopy to investigate some digestion problems I have that relate to my general illness. I've searched for advice on LH about people who have been through the procedue and how it affected their anal sex life etc, but nothing really came up, so I thought it was best to ask.

I haven't really masturbated anally since early August now, and don't know whether it's best just to avoid it in case it disturbs (?) my anal canal. I half wonder whether it would be a good thing due to opening up the area for the camera to easily pass through. Again, considering how careful I have to be with what I eat etc for this operation I don't know what lubes (if any) would even be considered safe to use in this delicate area.

I don't know whether the area will be tender after the investigation, or whether/for how long I should avoid objects/my boyfriend being up there.

I'm not asking for medical advice, but I'd be very grateful to hear of any experiences the LH community may have had.

I have had the anal inspetion and it's not too bad ,but it will show up any tears,rips or anal scratches as such so unless you feel embarrassed about it i wouldn't worry too much at all.Ithink personally if you could leave anal fun alone till a few days after t should be ok ,because if i'm right if your'e having to take the orange mixture before for a few days it just leaves you feeling bloated for a whle you should be ok about 48 hours afterwards.Just be carefull what you do up until then really.

I think if you've left it this long I'd leave things alone until you know your results. There are to my knowledge some conditions that affect the bowel that can cause disease in the anal canal as well so perhaps you'd run the risk of disturbing this.

When you get your results if they were abnormal if the info isn't volunteered to you ask the doc if he could show you on a diagram which parts of your bowel are involved. Then you would know if the damage/disease is in your anus or not.

Thanks for all the advice and reassurance <3 You've made me feel much more comfortable about it. I'll probably just avoid all anal play until a little while after the procedure, just easier and safer that way.

Special thanks to AA, it was really helpful to read about your experience.