Complaint

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

AW, if you think its what I think you think (External Media) its not anything to do with that incident from a while ago.. That is well put to rest.. (If its what I think your thinking.. External Media Lol!)

Anyhoos, moving swiftly on..

LivingFire wrote:

Carly, one word: professionalism.

What is that supposed to mean? I'm not trying to start anything, by all means no, but it seemed a bit of an odd thing to say.

There has been some tension with some members against the staff lately, and I hoped it would get resolved and we could all move on, as an Orgasm Army! Carly, I'm very sad that you feel you have to leave this to someone else, but of course this is your desicion.

I just really, really hope I haven't been a catalyst in this whole sticky situation..

Good, I am glad....I'm a bit of a worrier External Media...

Whatever has gone on, I hope things get resolved soon!

Ax

im really sad to have come on here and to have seen this, ive been an active memeber of this forum for nearly a year now and it deeply saddens me to see it how it is tonight.

i understand where people are coming from on both sides of this and i actually feel quite stuck in the middle as i think personaly i got on very well with both forum memebers and staff. yes ive had my differance with the staff and moaned about it but ive got over it and so did they and we moved on and actually carly has been very good to me esp in recent months when i was having some problems, and actually she was the only one who picked up on it at the forums and went out of her way to talk to me and see how i was.

but i also think i get on well with other memebers very well on here, i think of some of you as very good friends however i belive things do not come across well on the internet as has been said above with out being in front of a person it is hard to tell the tone of the msg coming across.

yes maybe things should have been worded better and maybe some of us shouldnt always jump on every thing that is said. i have already said i have felt uncomfy the last day or so on how things have been conducted and that i think they could have been done it a better way.

for this forums there is a lot of understanded needed from both partyies, a bit of give and take and respect by everyone. for things to be crystal clear and for patiants for thoughs who do not understand and may need futher clarifaction be it mods or memebers.

im just so sad right now, as this was once the most lovely place to be apart of and now its not :-(

diamonds

I know I'm very new here ... but I've seen this kind of falling out before on 'the other forum' and provided most people want LH forums to continue they will.

I do believe it will settle down.

But I am an incurable optimist!

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

LivingFire wrote:

Carly, one word: professionalism.

What is that supposed to mean? I'm not trying to start anything, by all means no, but it seemed a bit of an odd thing to say.

Odd? No not really... With quotes like "Yes, I'm a horrible person and I'm harassing all of you", "not me, don't worry", and "I'm not going to bother with these forums anymore. I'm tired of it.", I really feel Carly's last post on the matter was unnecessarily unprofessional. In my last job, if I'd spoken to a customer - or several - like that, I'd have had my arse handed to me on a plate. I guess years of working in CS/sales roles makes me hypersensitive to people talking to customers like they're someone on the street pissing them off. It's not the done thing in a professional role, it just isn't.

Either way, I do wish the forums would go back to how they were. I miss them. :(

Actually, that's a good point, sam and diamonds; the vast majority of the meaning of what we say is in how we say it, and that doesn't translate well to online - or indeed at times, any written - communication. But one could also argue that means extra caution must be employed. I think it can be looked at both ways.

Perhaps I should take a back seat role in the rest of this and simply observe from a psychology POV! Certainly interesting, the whole online comms issue.

i think everyone should leave this tonight as feelings are running high and so people see things in a differant way when this is the case.

diamonds

LivingFire wrote:

Actually, that's a good point, sam and diamonds; the vast majority of the meaning of what we say is in how we say it, and that doesn't translate well to online - or indeed at times, any written - communication. But one could also argue that means extra caution must be employed. I think it can be looked at both ways.

On forums I try to use extra caution - good point. I meant to say something along those lines ...!

But equally I know we're all human and often keen to reply quickly and mistakes happen. So yes extra caution - absolutely, but also an awareness of the imperfect nature of 'forum speak'!

Communication can be difficult face to face - especially if feelings are running high - doubly so on a forum!

I don't want anyone to leave! I'm with KP's hippyness!

ImeldaImelda you have made me feel extremely welcome from day one, your photos, comments and blog have given me the confidence to post a picture of myself (anyone around here will tell you how much of a big leap that was for me! I ended up balling my eyes out with the supportive comments).

Carly you have also helped with my self confidence and advised me about many new tricks and items with your posts videos and blog - including introducing me to silicone lube - thank you thank you thank you!

The pair of you are both key members of the forums, I understand that things at the moment are stressful - heck anyone who is having a stress free Christmas is kidding themselves!

I’ve worked in customer services and dealt with many a member of the public in my time. LoveHoney has an amazing site, fab products, honest reviews, free returns, instant customer service during office hours, and a great enthusiastic team. Very high standards indeed!

However the forum is a public front of LoveHoney, and as such it is (or should at least be treated as) an advert for LoveHoney themselves. It highlights in particular your customer services, after care and suggestions to keep existing customers happy.

I may be a hopeless optimistic, but I would love for the forums to return to some sense of balance we had a few months back and would hate to see anyone leave over this.

x

Sam66 wrote:

I know I'm very new here ... but I've seen this kind of falling out before on 'the other forum' and provided most people want LH forums to continue they will.

I do believe it will settle down.

But I am an incurable optimist!

We need more incurable optimists. I

I'm surprised to have stumbled across such depth of tension and as much sensitivity, may just be too socially inept to see it until the presence of such feeling is pointed out to me or brought up bluntly.
However, if there has been ongoing clashes in a less than friendly vein then I think it's wise to have a strand where both sides can state their case and clear the air enough to resolve misunderstandings. I have never been a member of any other forum but I think Sam66 has an excellent point about the lack of 'tone' granted by such a medium. LF is equally accurate in saying that this could be used in multiple arguments. In any event Mods are human and therefore are also humanly fallible and thus it is predictable that there are some times that the default 'typing' linguistic pattern out-with a business letter format will be somewhat unclear, 'too' formal or 'too' informal. I think it is also worth noting that there will be multiple parties to satisfy and we are not privy to every target, expectation or specification. A business/ private and friendly/ authoritative balance is difficult to maintain when more than one must be pleased!
I am sorry that Carly has decided to leave but as AA said it is her choice to go.
Carly- I wish you all the best for the future and whatever you are doing lovehoney related or otherwise hope it goes well. Take care and please go with ill will towards the OA as a whole.

Given whathas been pointed out by Sam66 over tone and Diamonds over the heat in this thread, please understand I am extremely calm typing this and relaxed, I wish to attribute no blame at all to either side and hope that all parties are more content shortly. As a 'newbie' I have encountered nothing but welcome and genuine kindness here, the one exception being Lubyanka on an occasion or two and on those occasions I believe that it is mainly because of circumstances unrelated to either her or the OA that I have been sensitive to comments in a non-constuctive manner, and as aforementioned the apalling lack of tone over computers. (said in a cool and hopefully non-confrontational appearing way) The man or woman to invent a widely available, economically viable solution to this shall be a rich person indeed! (said in a light hearted manner with just a hint of a smile)

One word. . .
SUPERCALAFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS! :-) Why so serious? There's worse things in life folks, trust me. My OH and I sponsor a child through world vision and we got a letter from her last week to say how happy she was with the *desk and chair* we bought her for her home so she had something to write on rather than a stone floor which will improve her education and therefore her family's life. A desk and chair. Puts things into perspective doesn't it! SG69 x

Magic Hands, I really wanted to apologise to you in the other thread but it was closed and I didn't know where else to post it. I'm glad I have a chance to post it here.

Magic Hands, I am so sincerely sorry that my question caused you discomfort. I honestly had no idea it would do that. I'd seen you post about your experiences with anal before, and I thought that your experiences must have been really bad. I guess I was hoping you would elaborate on that, but I worded my question badly and I am really really sorry about that. I hope you can accept that I was expressing curiosity rather than judgement, and that I made a mistake. My bad. :/

I sincerely apologise to anybody else I may have inadvertently offended or cause discomfort. I genuinely meant to express my willingness to listen and compromise and learn new things. Rowan, I appreciate so much that you specified that your reaction to anything I said might have been due to more than my words. I am so sorry I contributed to your discomfort. I hope you can accept my shortcomings.

I'll be away from now til after the holidays, so I hope you all have a really excellent time whilst I'm away. :)

Happy holidays Lubyanka! Oh, and I do *get you* so no offence to be had by me :-) SG69 x

Whoa - could everyone take a few deep breaths and chill out, please? I'm just settling in here and am still getting to know who's who and what's what; but overall I feel this forum (and those who post on it) has been a very warm and welcoming place to hang out, and I'd like it to stay that way, thank you very much.

Leaving aside the fact that it is hosted by Lovehoney and thus may have to adhere to certain restrictions related to their business dealings; it is very rare to find such a place where one can have such enlightened and intelligent discussions on all things nookie-related. However, because of the very nature of such discussions, it is inevitable that such a forum will attract a high percentage of trolls and spammers; it is also inevitable that occasionally misunderstandings arise, hackles are raised, tempers flare and things get a bit heated for a while. It happens in real life; it happens on forums.

In this sort of situation, it can be a very hard and time-consuming job for the poor moderators to maintain order, especially if personal relationships are involved. I'm a member of several forums and have even moderated a few myself so I know what it's like to be on the blunt end of someone venting spleen - from both sides of the fence.

But - it's an internet forum. The rules are there for everyone's benefit. By signing up as a member you agree to adhere to the house rules of the forum, whether you agree with them or not. Being moderated or having your posts deleted should not be taken as a personal insult. The moderator's word is the law. Deal with it and move on.

Ohh, tidings of comfort and joy, comfort and joy......

As a relative newbie (God I hate that word). I would just like to say that this is a fantastic forum and I cannot speak more highly of it.

The thing about forums is that they are as only as good as the members and more importantly the moderators, as a moderator on another forum I can tell you that this is largely a thankless task, trawling through long and repetitive posts to make sure that everyone is following the rules can be a mind numbing experience -especially if you have a job to do/family to look after etc. It takes up an awful lot of your time with little reward.

The other point that has been quite rightly mentioned is the tone of posts, it is very hard to convey what you are saying in terms of tone, what to me seems like a light hearted comment can often be mis-construed as a dig at someone or something else, this is the same with texting, how many have sent a text which the believed to be inoffensive only to be hauled over the coals for it?

The internet can be a great and revealing place, we make virtual friends and we feel close to them, the problem is that the relationships normally stay that way, in other words as virtual and this can lead to things being said that would not be said in a normal day to day friendship. Its a funny old world the internet, happy and loving in places and dark and mysterious in others -there are bullies in all walks of life and internet bullying is a common theme amongst all of the social networking sites.

For me I have learnt long ago not to worry too much if someone digs you out and not to take it personally, you have a simple choice, either ignore the comments, apologise if you have upset someone, or simply ignore it all and go away (and before anyone jumps on me I am not asking or encouraging anyone to walk, its just an option that you have the right to do).

The impression I have of this forum as a cadet is that it is a loving and interesting place to be, and thats the way it should be, you can thank the moderators for making it that way or you can argue your place.

You have to trust the moderators and if they make a change to the rules then you have to accept that they are doing it for a reason and that its a very good reason, I did not see anything to personal in the wording of the change but as i said -there simply must have been a reason for it.

One of the other problems with this forum is that there is no PM facility, ninety nine times out of a hundred personal differences or misunderstandings are sorted out this way and it works very well. I would guess the reason there is no PM facility is the general nature of this forum and it may encourage the oddballs.

For me personally I would never report a post unless I thought it was so outrageous that it warranted attention, such as breaking the law etc. It seems a little like sneaking behind someone back and I dont quite get why people do it for nothing more then a difference of opinion.

This is a good forum and long may it last, peace love and plenty of cheer and happy sex to you all.

Mushy

x

I would also like to add that one of the things that is missing from this forum is an 'edit' facility, I have often posted stuff and when reading them on the forum thought that it didnt look quite right and did not accurately convey what I was trying to say -due to not being great with words.

Mods, a lot of other forums have this facility, is there any reason it is not available on here?

Mushy wrote:

I would also like to add that one of the things that is missing from this forum is an 'edit' facility, I have often posted stuff and when reading them on the forum thought that it didnt look quite right and did not accurately convey what I was trying to say -due to not being great with words.

Mods, a lot of other forums have this facility, is there any reason it is not available on here?

there is alot of talk about this in the website help section of the forums, if you do a search over there you will see what LH have to say bout pming and edit buttons and th such over there.

dont really think this is the best thread to post this bit on aswell, given the nature of the posts in here.

Dxx

Nexas wrote:

It's been mentioned several times that the reason for this is that people could theoretically post something really graphic/horrible/insulting etc. and then edit it before the moderators could see it and on a forum of this nature, that could be quite bad. Same kinda thing goes for PMs

Ah! which makes perfect sense of course. Thanks for the heads up.

See post by: LoveHoney - Richard

In this thread: Forum Feedback

For more information about: Edit function.

Hello LoveHoney-Bot and welcome to the forums. SG69 x :-)

welcome LoveHoney-Bot. Is your name short for something? Bottoms-up? It is Christmas after all.

Please don't take offence :)

So Im keeping on topic: I tend to take things with a pinch of salt. [except mince pies]

Life is too short already.

Hugs all round [with boobies] and Merry Christmas

xxx