Condom Question for the Experts

Hi everyone,

After having sex with a condom I find the glans can be sticky, not lots but just slightly tacky. After a shower or two it goes. Just wondering what could cause this? I have always presumed it is either some remaining lubricant or spermacide?

Has anyone else ever found this or is it just me?!

I'm pretty sure it's just jizz and spermicide.

Either that or your condoms have some UHU in them.

GrayMatter wrote:

Either that or your condoms have some UHU in them.

that made me laugh :)

can't speak for myself as i'm a girl but i've never really noticed my OH's bits being sticky/tacky afterwards unless we've used some kinds of lube.

Maybe its your choice of condoms?

x

Not had it with rubber johnnies (been so long since me & the wife used em!) but there are a few lubes which leave my pommel end a bit 'odd' for a few days. Even after an enthusiastic wash, it still feels greasy, even with non silicone lubes.

Unless you fancy getting the Ajax out, just accept it or change your brand.

Try Durex Elite, slightly dearer but dont leave a residue or tingly bell! We wont use anything else!

Mucky Duck wrote:

Not had it with rubber johnnies (been so long since me & the wife used em!) but there are a few lubes which leave my pommel end a bit 'odd' for a few days. Even after an enthusiastic wash, it still feels greasy, even with non silicone lubes.

That's it, just feels kinda greasy. Think I'll be giving the Durex Elite thanks funandfrolics

What brand are you using at the minute. I used to use Durex Featherlight or Elite, I neve had any probs. Some condoms have special lubes for delay or extra pleasure they could endure. Ever thought of trying the non latex to see if that could be a factor?

Some of the cheapo vending machine ones I've used in the heat of battle to felt like crap & even stung to a few partners! I never got on with Mates either.

Me and the BF use Durex Extra Strong, find theyre nice and big and easy to put on. If they arent easy to hand then we usually have some "free from the pub/NHS" lying around, but these are usually lower quality and are harder to unroll and occasionally find the lubricant on them to be quite nasty smelling (especially pasante)

On my own I've tried Durex, Condomi, Pasante and Mates and would have to say, Durex is ultimately my favourite, they seem to endure so much better, but Condomi seemed to be a good runner up.

Never had any issues with a sticky/tacky knob though... I've never used spermicidal ones so if thats what your using try something else. I have tried the Durex Goassamer, completely different feeling to them, but enjoyable nonetheless...

funandfrolics wrote:

Try Durex Elite, slightly dearer but dont leave a residue or tingly bell! We wont use anything else!

tingly bell!

hee hee

that made me giggle!

x

pinkprincessbarton wrote:

funandfrolics wrote:

tingly bell!

hee hee

that made me giggle!

x

most of those "tingle" lubes and condoms do that to me, suppose if your a bit sensitive it may be best to avoid them.

pasante may be slightly anoying but theyre free ( and i'm a poor student)

sweetlove666 wrote:

pinkprincessbarton wrote:

funandfrolics wrote:

tingly bell!

hee hee

that made me giggle!

x

most of those "tingle" lubes and condoms do that to me, suppose if your a bit sensitive it may be best to avoid them.

Don't knock the Pasante. I give them out to poor students like yourself.

GrayMatter wrote:

sweetlove666 wrote:

Don't knock the Pasante. I give them out to poor students like yourself.

lol last time i got some they were ribbed and all sorts, i also got some glow in the dark ones in a case?!

we have had allsorts courtesy of the NHS; passante, durex, even elite! One time was quite funny when Mrs.Sxe opened up the bag, peered in and then asked "hmmmm, do you do anything 'wider'?" the woman gave her a funny look before replying "no, surely those are wide enough?"...

It made me chuckle.

i can get up to 30 a month from my union. so if you both go thats 60 a month and at least twice a day XD

plus ive got some from club promotions before and they were durex

sweetlove666 wrote:

i can get up to 30 a month from my union. so if you both go thats 60 a month and at least twice a day XD

Wow which union Sweetlove, l used to work for a condom once, oops no sorry he was a Condon, both had uncommonly close links to pricks however!!!

Tallboy

tallboy247 wrote:

sweetlove666 wrote:

Wow which union Sweetlove, l used to work for a condom once, oops no sorry he was a Condon, both had uncommonly close links to pricks however!!!

Tallboy

student union TB. though i have no need for them atm

cheaper than baloons at christmas i suppose

And easier to blow up l dare say !!!!

Students - condoms = Water Bombs but guess this time of year you will be stockpiling !!!

Cheers TB

Ah the students of today !!! Freeby condoms never happened in my day, use to have to go out and catch our own sheep you know!!!

doing research there is only one company that makes most brands of condom

http://www.globalprotection.com/groovy/gp_products.html

look under distributed products

and in the fun outreach section i got a condom keyper and a compact from the SU lol