condoms and anal toys

hi all. well just thought i would ask you all for your thoughts on a matter that came up today.

so basically i was out shopping with a close friends today, this shopping took us into a high street sex toy shop that shall remain nameless. (her idea, im a loyal LH customer, woudnt go anywhere else lol). Anyway it turs out my friend was looking for some anal toys to use by herself. I should point out that we are very open and frequently discuss sex and things related haha. Even brought each other vibrators at xmas.

Anyway so she picked up a few toys toys including 2 varying butt plugs and slightly larger anal "probe" haha. This was all fine and i was able to advise her on the increasing sizes that she should work up with, starting from a very small plug onwards. Anyway as we were making our way to the till, she said that she wanted to pick up a pack of condoms to use with the toys. I was a bit supprised by this. i should point out that she is single and therefore prob wont be sharing the toys anytime soon. She was insistant that she wanted thought she had to use condoms with ALL anal toys lol even a small butt plug.

Anyway this got me thinking. How many people actually use condoms with anal toys even small ones? surely its worse to use condoms with toys like these as they could easily slide off and get ahem 'lost' lol?

whats your thoughts. sorry for the long message, i get carried away.

Initially when first using a strap on for pegging, the OH would put a condom on it as it was easier to keep clean, now we just use lube .

For anal beads and anal vibrator, we just use lube for the reason given, we thought the rubber would come off, yes we have to wash these very well afterwards but better that than having to go fishing or hoping the rubber will pass out naturally at some point.

I personally cannot see the point of using condoms on butt plugs, but each to their own.

Nooe never used condoms on my toys I use them no one else no point

I don't use them, and wouldn't even consider using them. Makes no sense to me, really.

Same as everyone else don't see the point in using them, apart from to keep the toys clean, but not like its hard to keep them clean anyway.

Never use a condom on toys at all. Just keep them spotlessly clean.
(In fact, come to think of it, never use condoms at all. OH has an IUD).

Same, don't use condoms on toys!

Depends on the toy. Silicone toys are easy to keep clean, but I will use condoms on latex anal toys and strap-ons. It just makes them easier to clean.

It depends on the material. I have a jelly anal toy that I lpve, but afterreading about the problems with jelly, I always use a condom with that one.

It's also a matter of preference. Some people woukd prefer to remove the condom and throw it away, rather than washing it clean in the sink.

Not sure how it would work with a plug, but it works fine with dildos. Never lost one. They stay put!

I agree with all the above replies, if you are the only user no point. On the other hand if you are into certain type of clubs that provide toys for use condoms are a must.

No can't say i ever bother. Unless you were sharing toys or planning on switching to vaginal use don't really see the need but again maybe some would just prefer to incase of mess.

Lou22 wrote:

No can't say i ever bother. Unless you were sharing toys or planning on switching to vaginal use don't really see the need but again maybe some would just prefer to incase of mess.

Yeah unless your sharing them or switching then there is no real need to use them.... It would be really tricky with beads and plugs X x

Bad Kitty uk wrote:

hi all. well just thought i would ask you all for your thoughts on a matter that came up today.

so basically i was out shopping with a close friends today, this shopping took us into a high street sex toy shop that shall remain nameless. (her idea, im a loyal LH customer, woudnt go anywhere else lol). Anyway it turs out my friend was looking for some anal toys to use by herself. I should point out that we are very open and frequently discuss sex and things related haha. Even brought each other vibrators at xmas.

Anyway so she picked up a few toys toys including 2 varying butt plugs and slightly larger anal "probe" haha. This was all fine and i was able to advise her on the increasing sizes that she should work up with, starting from a very small plug onwards. Anyway as we were making our way to the till, she said that she wanted to pick up a pack of condoms to use with the toys. I was a bit supprised by this. i should point out that she is single and therefore prob wont be sharing the toys anytime soon. She was insistant that she wanted thought she had to use condoms with ALL anal toys lol even a small butt plug.

Anyway this got me thinking. How many people actually use condoms with anal toys even small ones? surely its worse to use condoms with toys like these as they could easily slide off and get ahem 'lost' lol?

whats your thoughts. sorry for the long message, i get carried away.

Probably for hygeine reasons as its an anal toy. Also depends on the material as some are absorbant and so some lose colour (jelly)