Condoms for anal sex?

Hey guys,

Me and my boyfriend are looking to have anal sex, we are unsure what condoms to use though... We want a good feel yet we don't want the condom to split :/ Does anyone have any recommendations for which condoms we should use, and can you post a link to the lovehoney page?

Thanks

Olly

If you use enough lube and take it steady I would of thought that you wont have any problems with splitting.

I don't know what other people use, but these are a favourite for putting my mind at ease

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=594

Purely because they are slightly thicker and have extra lube (although with anal, add buckets of the stuff!) but not so thick that you can't feel anything.

If you're new to anal, make sure you have a look through some of the anal threads on here, they are full with really useful advice, but the main things are take it as slowly as you need, trying to force it and make it happen faster only leads to delays while you heal! And lots and lots and lots of lube. There isn't exaclty any self-lubricating going on back there so make sure you help it along.

Last thing: relax! Make sure you are both completely relaxed without any high expectations of how it's going to go. It could be a really good session of exploring each other or it could be a total fail and you need to try another approach :)

Good luck

If you're just starting out, I'd suggest going for a tight condom the first few times. If you're normal sized something like these:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=626

We found these made my dick more streamlined and slightly squeezed for getting the hang of initial entry. Either way, plenty of lube. If our experience is anything to go with the first penetration was very slightly painful for my OH, but she did say it was more the 'oddness' than actual pain. Since then there was no pain even when I shifted to normal condoms. And now she loved me to push in hard, so gently does it and you'll both be amply rewarded!

Have these condoms ever split for you during anal sex?

JamesH wrote:

If you're just starting out, I'd suggest going for a tight condom the first few times. If you're normal sized something like these:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=626

We found these made my dick more streamlined and slightly squeezed for getting the hang of initial entry. Either way, plenty of lube. If our experience is anything to go with the first penetration was very slightly painful for my OH, but she did say it was more the 'oddness' than actual pain. Since then there was no pain even when I shifted to normal condoms. And now she loved me to push in hard, so gently does it and you'll both be amply rewarded!

Have these condoms ever split for you during anal sex?

When I've tried it in the past with an ex we used Durex Extra Safe - a brand I still use today, just not for anal - and have never had an issue with them splitting, just add plenty of lube 😊

No problems with splitting - though substantial amounts of lube used, which seems to be the key here.