Condoms for sex toys?

So I’m just curious, what condoms would you recommend for use with sex toys? I’ve generally just used whatever I happen to have, but recently bought a larger suction cup dildo for anal use and it’s too large for the condoms I have. Do you recommend thicker ones to avoid breakage while in use?

1 Like

Ideally large non latex, non lubed ones.

This is quite a long read but worth while:

You don’t say what material your dildo is, if it is silicone then I would recommend not using a condom and just sterilising the toy’s surface properly in between uses as silicone is classed as non porous so the bacteria is kept out.

If it is a soft jelly type toy then it has oils in it which tend to degrade latex meaning the toy can damage the condom making it more likely to rip and porous to bacteria anyway. For a short period this might not be a problem?

Finally most condoms contain a silicone based lube but very few say exactly what’s in it and generic silicone based lubes do not play well with either silicone toys or soft plastic ones. Again for a short period and very thoroughly washing the toy afterwards you are probably okay but be aware you could be damaging it.

2 Likes

Ah, sorry…I should have specified the material. The new ones are silicone, but I have a few that are PVC. That’s a good read so thanks for the response and the link!