Condoms, the recievers prospective

Is there are difference in how different condoms feel to the reciever, I'm after womans POV to be honest but gay or bi-males views welcome too. If there is a difference what is it and which ones works best for you? 

I most definitely find a difference! We prefer to use the ultra thin or reel feel ones, as thicker ones can be uncomfortable and irritating 😊

Only use mates Skyns and to be honest, I think because I've used them that long or rarely have PIV sex, that u can't tell much difference.

I hate them all. We've tried different brands but they all leave me feeling sore

I think the difference is hugely the emotional aspect of things. Having sex with a condom is all fun and games but when you go without it feels a lot more intimate and emotionally you feel slightly closer to the person. Obviously that's just my perspective and from what iv heard from friends and partners

Interesting comments thus far. Wearing one isn't the best I know, but with a lifestyle change underway, not something I'm prepared to avoid. It dawned on me a week or so back that some blokes just go limp on putting on a condom, so thought I better check first that I wasn't one of those guys, I'm not...

We've been bare back our entire relationship so its not something we've experienced 1st hand. We've got a Durex assortment atm so will find out in time what I like best, but am taking a look at the recievers POV and was wondering if there is a difference and what it is. There is of course different materials too, which when used with lube may or not be safe. With Mrs TD not okay with parebins and Glycerin the choice of lube is straight forward for us and easy to match with the condom suitability. If there was a standout market favourite (for my enquiry, as recommended by women) I'd use that if it was suitable for our situation, but the info on this specific question is sketchy as far as I can see.

Thanks for the info so far xx

It feels a bit different, but not in a bad way! As long as the condom isn't too thick it doesn't take away much sensation for us. We love Mates Skyns, the extra lubricated ones are great :-)

It feels slightly different yes. A penis comes with lumps and bumps that we can feel, cover that with a thin sheath of plastic and the penis becomes a smooth shaft. I prefer feeling everything penis has to offer.

🐼

We've only ever used Durex and i find everything about them a turnoff, from the stopping to put them on, to the smell, to the feel as a receiver. Personally I compare it to using a dildo - it's smooth and feels like plastic - even if its attached to hubby. I now chart my cycles and we only have sex when we know its safe, afterall there are plenty of other ways to pleasure!

Totally understand your current situation is different though.

My partner is rather large, so I find it easier to take him when he's wearing a condom. It doesn't bother me if he wears a condom or not, yes I feel closer when it's skin to skin contact. Why not experiment with different condoms, some of them are ribbed etc... I've noticed there's variety packs that could make it more exciting :)

We use thin ones. My OH hates a rim at the base of my penis. If we don't use them we get pregnant - every time!

It seems there is a concensious that Mates Skyns Extra Lubricated are a prefered choice, having done some digging else-where. Having looked at the reviews on here, they do seem to have a number of happy customers using them.

Mrs TD who loves a bargin, came home and informed me of our up-coming shag-fest is going to be 3 or the price of 2, Having got some from the local chemist.

Tiger Dick wrote:

It seems there is a concensious that Mates Skyns Extra Lubricated are a prefered choice, having done some digging else-where. Having looked at the reviews on here, they do seem to have a number of happy customers using them.

Mrs TD who loves a bargin, came home and informed me of our up-coming shag-fest is going to be 3 or the price of 2, Having got some from the local chemist.

uck it, there's another missing "F"

We have had to use them whilst we get the al clear from hubbys snip... we both dislike them and are literally going to throw a ''we can go bareback'' party when we get the all clear :) needs must, we use the pasante ones sold on here, reasonaly thin, decent lenth and a bargain, they do the job :) but for me nothing compares to being able to feel his skin in mine.

Female condoms are brill ! They don't cause friction because they're not latex. They are super-slidey polyurethane. They also don't break.

Traditional male latex condoms are designed to grip, not slip, so they stay on but they friction-burn the fanny, arse, whatever, and no lube really compensates when you're at it for hours. They also leave the top of the penis exposed so you're not safe from warts, herpes etc..

Female condoms cover more, the guy has a naked not constricted sensation, and the receiver is protected from all those annoying (and dangerous) little tears.

For avoiding anal soreness, I can't recommend them highly enough.

Even a few layers of clingfilm is better than a rubber.

I would rather not do it at all than do it with an agonizing rubber.

If someone insisted on using a rubber, I'd insist on a layer of clingfilm over it to delete friction.

Polyurethane femidoms can be got free from your local family planning clinic, in the UK, or online.

By the way, I use clingfilm on all my toys...

I find the best lube for anything is spit or oil, or both.

P.S. The easiest way I've found to put a female condom in is to take out the inner ring (that makes a nice bracelet), put the female condom on the man and use his cock to insert it. Thereafter, it stays in place.

From a Tantric point of view, tho, any barrier is an energy barrier as well as physical, so I prefer nothing at all with the man I love, unless I'm in for an exceptionally heavy-duty bit of anal.

I bloody hate condoms but I sleep about so apart from one guy (we BB exclusively with each other and are both clean), I use condoms with every guy I get with. I don't with girls and I know I should but eating a girl out with a dental dam is just awful.

Thinner condoms are better but there are none better than going without. I love the feeling of BB because it's warmer, less plasticy and I like the feeling when a guy finishes in me. If I wanted a plastic feeling I'd be at home with my vibe.

I read through this thread with interest last week - my partner and I have only ever used durex condoms. We've had some which have caused soreness for me, and other thinner varieties which have broken on us causing great concern!!

At the weekend I took your guys advice and bought Mates Skyns..... they were excellent! It felt more natural and comfortable, there were no breakages (thank god) and it was way more enjoyable for me and my partner! Never going back to durex!

So glad i came across this thread and a big thank you to everyone who recommended them!!

we dont use them any more now but when we did there where a nightmare for us. due to my length i found alot of brands would not strecth well and split and some would go in but not come out so we would have to go diving to fish them out.

we tryed to nobbly and ribbed ones but i turned them inside out cos why should she get all the pleasure lol.

I can feel the difference between ribbed/dotted and normal ones, but they do nothing for me. I hate condoms as it is and only use them out of necessity. I think I hate the things more than the guys ever have 😂