Condoms

Just wondered what the general female view on condoms was. I know some women really don't get on with them but couldn'rt help wonder why. Surely it doesn't feel that different does it?

Im okay with them. I had sex without them for the first time yesterday and there is a definite noticeable difference. It did feel nicer without. However its easier with as it is much cleaner afterwards!

You should use the search function because this has been covered loads of times - you'll get your answer much quicker than starting a new thread.

Adx

I personally prefer sex without condoms as it feels much more intimate and it feels so much better inside you. There is also no delay waiting for your other half to put one on in the middle of foreplay. I also really do not like the smell or texture of condoms, although this is not a big deal its just my personal preference. I agree with Inara thought that condoms make it a lot easier to clean up after sex! However, I am only able to have sex without condoms as I am on the pill and with a long term boyfriend - I would not recommend it otherwise!

x x x

I don't mind condoms, my OH is quite large so the less skin to skin friction makes it more confortable on entry and clean up is somuh easier as others have pointed out. But I do agree it does feel more intimate without, you can feel the movement more and it is a bit of a pain having to stop to put one on!

I dont mind at all, Im similar to Pixie as my OH is large and it helps to feel more slippy. But like everyone has said, yes its more intimate.

Theres plenty to do while his putting one on......but I can see it could be a pain in the wrong moment; but I personally dont mind either way.

We normally make putting a condom on part of the fun - incorporating it into part of a handjob etc...

It feels a lot different to me... from a sensation & pleasure point of view, I much prefer no condom! I also find that they leave my lady area quite dry & sensitive, and I'm much more prone to yeast infections when I'm having condomed sex regularly.

Of course, that doesn't mean I don't use them at all! But when I've been with someone a while, I prefer to go natural.

They're a necessary evil. Made better by finding a brand, shape, size and material that works for you, and a good coating of lube on either side, but still a bit of an annoyance.

The idea of catching something is much, much, much more of a turn off for me. I don't mind condoms at all.

The only thing I haven't really used them for is oral, which is a no no for safety, but it just isn't the same. If someone wanted me to wear one while blowing me I don't think i'd mind much.

To date I have still to find a condom that doesn't burn, make me dry up and/ or itch. So from a personal point of view it's been a long time since I tried one. As I'm in a monogamous marriage and have the implant safety and contraception are void considerations. They are cleanerand fortunately have developed now beyond being in essence a cock sock, and the best STI prevention device so from a general stance I'd recommend their use.

Like Rowan, i've yet to find one that doesn't dry and rub me raw. This is hindered somewhat by my latex allergy, there just isn't as much choice with latex free loving!

I very recently experienced condom-free sex for the first time and it was so much better. Much less pain for me, and obviously a lot better for him.. but even with the pill, i just feel safer using condoms. Quite often we'll start having sex and then put a condom on halfway through. A bit of a no no, but STIs aren't a problem and i take my Pill as close to 'perfect use' as i possibly can.

People who have problems with condoms have you tried polyisoprene condoms? Mates/LifeStyles (in the US) got there first, but Durex do a version too. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15162 - I don't have a latex allergy but use them anyway, they're my favourites.

Condoms actually saved my sex life for a while - when the pain during intercourse was bad a few years ago, a tight condom would streamline the OH a little making it less painful. Of course at the moment, even that won't help - going through a phase where even one finger is too painful so even condoms won't help.

But they definitely do dampen the sensation - it's not worth risking pregnancy and infections for but in a committed, monogamous relationship where you are both tested for STIs regularly then I'm glad to say I haven't used one for a long time. The block the lovely warm feeling his cock gives me and they block the feeling of his veins which add so much to sex.

I agree with the people who say condoms are easier for cleaning - but so is swallowing :P

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Condoms actually saved my sex life for a while - when the pain during intercourse was bad a few years ago, a tight condom would streamline the OH a little making it less painful. Of course at the moment, even that won't help - going through a phase where even one finger is too painful so even condoms won't help.

But they definitely do dampen the sensation - it's not worth risking pregnancy and infections for but in a committed, monogamous relationship where you are both tested for STIs regularly then I'm glad to say I haven't used one for a long time. The block the lovely warm feeling his cock gives me and they block the feeling of his veins which add so much to sex.

I agree with the people who say condoms are easier for cleaning - but so is swallowing :P

Adx

I had no idea a woman was that sensitive down there that you can even feel small details like veins! So is the size and shape of the helmet a big factor too?

Yeah - AA is right - I'm not normal :P

But I do think veins can be felt by a lot of women so I'm normal in that respect! I also find the head can be awkward because it "pops" past my especially tight ring of muscle but I can feel the difference and again I'm not normal. My OH doesn't have too prominent a head which is handy.

He also has a wider point which when he's fully inside me lines up with my tight spot so that's a little awkward.

But I'm not a good example to base these things on :P

Adx

I had no idea you could feel all this! For me, all I can feel is a tight, warm, wet sensation. Can't feel the "architecture" of the vagina like I can with my fingers. So do women generally prefer penises with a smaller head? Is it less problematic?

I don't think it's the size of the head necessarily - I think it's more the size in proportion to the rest of the penis (the bigger the difference the bigger the pop!) but I do imagine many women love the feel of a larger head and many women aren't so keen depending on a whole range of factors.

Adx

John1986 wrote:

So do women generally prefer penises with a smaller head? Is it less problematic?

Less is very often more. At least for me and many other women. If the girth is in the helmet, I tend to have fewer problems than if the girth is in the shaft - it's only a few moments of agony during insertion instead of the entire time. Unless of course he decides to get terribly clever and pull out several times.

I don't like pain. I live with it constantly and have for 30 years. Good sex is one of the few things which is powerful enough to overcome that and give me some escape. A large cock is more likely to hurt than a small one.

Bottom line is that every woman is different. Just like every man is different. What we like is different, how we're built is different. The magic to great sex isn't having some gold-plated A-rated size or shape. EVERY size and EVERY shape will have positives and drawbacks. Great sex comes about through communication and learning how to use the particular sizes and shapes of everyone involved well.