Connecting with other members

Is there a way of adding other lovehoney members and chatting with them on here? I’m
sure there used to be

2 Likes

There did used to be a chat function but it was removed a very long time ago. Can only chat on the open forum now

5 Likes

I think the whole idea is that know one knows anyone.

2 Likes

I rather like the idea that we are all anon though understand a messaging function would be nice sometimes, it would only end in upset.

5 Likes

Nah since I’ve been a member it’s always been an open forum with no direct private messaging.

1 Like

No as others have said that function has been removed @SexGod2314 only open forum here :+1:

1 Like

I like being anonymous but at times it would be nice especially if someone is going through a tough time and may not want to tell their problems to everyone.

5 Likes

I agree that it would be nice to chat directly with full control of who is in your list and it had to be mutually agreed to visit. I think we get hassled on the forum for directing questions or chatting back and forth but this seems strange as it is natural to want to explore a topic with one person further.

I’m with @SexGod2314 and would like to see this option returned but with strict controls by the users

3 Likes

I’m not sure that replacing the chat function is possible @Lovehoney_Brenna

Perhaps it could be an option for certain ranked members ?

2 Likes

It would be impossible to moderate.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t need to moderate anything if both were in agreement to chat. They could just block each other or “ignore”. Don’t think anyone needs to moderate their chat as it should be private - maybe it kicks them to a WhatsApp style chat where they take it offline

Sadly that’s what happened with the chat function originally and people expected Lovehoney to do something about conversations that LH had no way of controlling or even being able to see. You can block/ignore people but by that point the damage has been done

8 Likes

I understand that but would you really want to block 50 people who messaged something crude?

Having to go through each message etc

2 Likes

Its the same with posting pictures, they all have to be checked before they are uploaded to make sure the follow the guidelines and rules

Just because they both agreed doesn’t mean there wouldn’t be rules being broken.

It would be near impossible to moderate. This feature will not be returning.

11 Likes

@Lovehoney_Brenna I know we have had this discussion before.

Im glad private messaging isn’t part of the forum. My Husband is aware I post on here and is fine with it etc. But I can’t imagine he would be ok with me privately one to one chatting with someone in a sexual way (not that I would anyway).

5 Likes

Totally agree with you on that. I wouldn’t want the private messaging, hubby knows I post on here, I know for a fact he wouldn’t like me engaging one to one chat, not that I want to anyway. Plus it made feel uncomfortable receiving those horrible, crude comments little while ago, with them thinking it was fine talking to me like that, and thinking that I would want to receive such comments. I love this forum, and the fact it’s not a place for that.

10 Likes

Its more sociable this way and you can get hundreds of peoples different opinions and advice. I like it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Dirty-Wife that’s exactly what popped into my head when I read this. The fact that user thought his comments would have been fine if they’d been a PM as he intended instead of on the forum is a huge indication of how I fear private messaging would be used!

I’m glad it doesn’t exist here, the whole point of the forum is that we’re all anonymous without contact details and as such are free to discuss in the public forum anything and everything without being judged. Conversation being open to everyone means you’ll get a balanced response. I get that sometimes comments do become a bit one to one and sometimes that’s hard to avoid but just try and keep it open with an occassional, “What does everyone else think?” and avoid direct probing questions which can get a bit creepy.

10 Likes

If that’s what people want, there’s other places for that. I suggest using them.
I love how this forum is now.
To put it bluntly, don’t like how it is, you could always leave. And find a platform that fits your needs.

7 Likes