Considering anal

I have thought considered trying anal play for sometime now, but I have never taken the step. I have some reservations. #1 Hygiene, #2 having an accident, #3 loosening my anus long term. I feel like I may be missing out on something wonderful. Any advise or tips would be appreciated!

Sorry but I'm really confused by number 3? What do you mean by losing your anus long term?

If you use the search bar at the top of the forum page you should find some great posts on anal. There have been quite a few recently that have given some great advice.

@Lollipop, that made me giggle. I think the concern is getting stretched and being loose, lol.

x

Losing it would be a real concern! 😃

Lollipop ;) wrote:

Sorry but I'm really confused by number 3? What do you mean by losing your anus long term?

Not losing, Loosening. I am conserned about it becoming loose over time.  :)

sorry I just commened on your other double post as I thought my commend didn't show. Lol

Ah rightthh I get it now lol thanks LadyS I was thinking lose your anus where are you gonna lose it and how lol.

In answer to your questions, #1 you could always use an anal douch, to cleart you out a before hand.

#2 ive never had an accident worse ive ever had is little bits on poop being on the very tip on a butt pluge with ive removed it (sorry guys) 🙈

Also if you want to play/have anal sex it's a messy area so you need to expect there to be mess, I always find using lube keeps most of it away.

#3 as far as I know it's not possible to lose control of your anus altogether as the muscles go back to normal after a few hours.

That's funny Lollipop, because I made another post thinking my first didn't post. :) New, still trying to get a hang of this thing.

When you say "expect a mess" what do you mean. That's what makes me nervous...

Hm not so much as a mess just more of a little mess, like I said I've had bits of poo on the tip of my butt plugs once in a while, and sometimes the lube goes sort of very light browish colur 🙈

But that's not all the time just once in a blue moon.

Hey,

As mentioned there is a load of great info on here already about all types of anal play which is worth tracking down and reading about.

to address your concerns directly however...

1) in regards to hygiene, douche a few hours beforehand and all should be good. As long as you havea good diet anyway and drink lots of water to keep healthy bowel movements you will have no issues with hygiene.

2) if you're going to play with fire, expect a burn or two along the way. In the same regard if you're going to engage in anal play then expect to come across a bit of mess from time to time - though if you're well prepped with (1) above, then this risk of mess is minimised. If it does happen, then it shouldn't be a cause for embarassment for you and your partner certainly shouldnt mae a big deal out of it either!

3) When you tak about lossening your anus, I'm assuming you mean to a point where you lose control and then suffer form incontinence? This is not going to happen if you enjoy safe anal play and listen to your body. Don't forget the anus is basically a ring of sphincter muscles which like all other muscles in your body contract and relax and benefit from stretching to keep them in good shape. When I say stretching I dont mean shoving a fist up there either! If I asked you to do the splits, most people woud probably struggle, because their mucles cant stretch that far, but if you forced them into a 'split' position, you'd end up tearing a lot of hamstring and groin muscles and leaving them in serious agony. However if they stretched a little everyday then they would eventually get there.

The same applies to the sphincter uscles and anal play - start small, with small toys and work your way up to whatever you want to achieve. So you take it at your own pace, do as much as your body will allow and above all enjoy it!

Thank you. You have been very helpful!

It can be handy to keep a towel or two just for any anal play you do. I'd avoid white but you can clean them in a very mild disinfectant suitable for bathing and a hot wash if they get messy. Better to be prepared than worry. You can also put condoms over your toys to make clean up eaiser. Simply remove the condom, dispose of it and wash the toy as you would normally.

Words you will hear a lot with anal play are, "take it slow" and "use plenty of lube". Done properly there isn't any reason why you would become loose. Think of it like gymnastics for your butthole but don't laugh when you're trying to put a toy in there or it could fly across the room.

Accidents happen, i was a bit funny with it when first got together with my oh, we've both had accidents but we didnt let it get to us. best thing to do if you're worried is to get a douche and give yourself a good clearout first, maybe try toileting, then cleaning, then give it a go. plenty of lube is a must, a start off slowly with a finger until you feel comfortable to try 2. x

I agree with what everyone else has said.

Also- I found that education helps! I bought this book and think it is brilliant. It gives you a lot of advice, a couple of anatomy lessons and really helps to build your confidence as it dispells a few myths too!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=1554

It changed the way I view anal sex- which I totally love now!

I'm considering anal too. Last weekend I was in a 69 with my oh and he (for the first time) started to play around and eventually insert his finger into my back passage. He then inserted another finger instide me and (for the very first time) I gushed. Although I didn't orgasm with it the next day was totally awful/frustrating/so totally horney! I had a very stupid grin on my face and i ended up ordering quite a lot of toys/lube etc from LH.

Dude,
You don't know what you are missing
Enjoy.

Sorry,
That was meant for the someone else

Well the G/F and I were both acurious (last G/F really liked anal done to her - actual quote "I'm so glad you're not squeamish about putting your finger up my arse - but I'n an avirgin).

Anyway we've tried the LH small vibrating butt plug http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22772 a number of times, with plenty of AH lubricant - no joy. Too big. Can't get it in. Neither of us. Most recent attempt on me I decided to push my limits a bit, and we finished up with blood on the sheets (the "ouch" factor I was prepared to push a bit to see if it would work, but it got too much). Not good. In fact bleeding arse definitely a bad thing.

Was I randy? - hell yes. Was I trying hard to relax and provide easy ingress? - also yes.

There doesn't seem to be anything smaller so I suppose it's time to give up.

rogerthechorister wrote:

Well the G/F and I were both acurious (last G/F really liked anal done to her - actual quote "I'm so glad you're not squeamish about putting your finger up my arse - but I'n an avirgin).

Anyway we've tried the LH small vibrating butt plug http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22772 a number of times, with plenty of AH lubricant - no joy. Too big. Can't get it in. Neither of us. Most recent attempt on me I decided to push my limits a bit, and we finished up with blood on the sheets (the "ouch" factor I was prepared to push a bit to see if it would work, but it got too much). Not good. In fact bleeding arse definitely a bad thing.

Was I randy? - hell yes. Was I trying hard to relax and provide easy ingress? - also yes.

This one is an inch smaller in circumference than the one you linked in your post:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16053

It was my first butt plug- and is very slim and easy to insert as it is quite flexible. It's on offer too- so maybe it's worth a try before you totally give up?

Blood is a definite no no though!

SR36 wrote:

rogerthechorister wrote:

This one is an inch smaller in circumference than the one you linked in your post:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16053

It was my first butt plug- and is very slim and easy to insert as it is quite flexible. It's on offer too- so maybe it's worth a try before you totally give up?

Blood is a definite no no though!

This was the first plug we used too. I found it very easy to insert even as an anal virgin, and it felt great!