Cornstarch?

I saw in someone’s review that they use cornstarch on their dildo toys between uses… Does anyone else here do this? Do you find it helps? I’ve had to throw out a few beloved items because of damage to the silicone :cry: any tips?

The official renewer powder is 100% Cornstarch/Cornflour so for toys like Fleshlights and some other sleeves that benefit from renewer powder you can absolutely use it.

Don’t use talc/baby powder instead as that can damage toys.

However, I’m not sure what benefit it would have for a silicone dildo. If the silicone is being damaged that is most likely because it’s being stored with something that is reacting with it. Each toy, ideally, needs it’s own box or storage pouch so it’s not touching other toys. Most high quality silicone toys are fine together but anything not silicone definitely needs a barrier between. “Soft plastic” or PVC toys will melt silicone, the same as you can’t use silicone lubes with silicone toys as, again, it will damage them.

If, after use, you are washing, fully drying and putting your dildos away not touching they shouldn’t be getting damaged. It is only if they are reacting with something they would be damaged and I don’t think renewal powder/cornstarch would help with this.

2 Likes

@SelfExploration

For what purpose do you use cornstarch on your dildos in between uses, and how do you use it that causes them damage?

I have read about substituting cornstarch for Doc Johnson Vac-U-Lock Powder.

This talcum powder is made to be used on Vac-U-Lock plugs as a way to attach and remove attachments (eg Vac-U-Lock dildos) easily and smoothly.

I wouldn’t recommend using either cornstarch or talcum powder to coat dildos especially silicone or gel dildos) before storing them.

As @Peitho has said, you should always ensure your dildos are safely stored separately - preferably in their own boxes, or bags (not plastic!!).

Wash them, dry really well, store individually in cotton bags?

1 Like

@SelfExploration
I cannot see the benefit of cornstarch- when you want to use it you then need to wash it beforehand

I have small fabric bags for all my toys - some toys now come in their own bag and others I have made and when I want to use them - there is no delay

After use I always wash my toys and dry them and allow to dry before returning to their bag

1 Like

I just wash my toys, give them a spray with toy cleaner, rinse and leave to dry. Store all your toys separately and that will keep them from being damaged.

And just in case, don’t use silicone lube with silicone toys as that will damage them.

2 Likes

I tried cornstarch (the 'official ’ Fleshlight renewal powder) when i got my first Fleshlight but it’s so messy to use and, when you add lube the next time you use the toy it turns to a messy paste.
I just wash my toys in warm (not hot) water and dry them thoroughly.

2 Likes