Corsets to wear to parties

I have some parties coming up (don't we all?!) and want to dress to impress at work do's and birthday parties without appearing slutty. Can anyone reccommend some good corsets that I could wear without a bra but not fall out of/bulge out of too much whilst at a party? Ideally I'd wear it with jeans or straight-legged black trousers and cover up with a jacket when arriving/departing. Any suggestions? Thanks guys and gals :)

I have got some beautiful ones off ebay

I was lucky enough to try one of the new Classic Satin corsets - I had the Overbust corset. My review is on the page - I wore it out to a nightclub with some of my girly friends and it was great! It was perfect with jeans and heels and a blazer. Turned a head or two!

It also really helped to be out with the girls as they were able to tighten me up when I felt I could go a little smaller! (Your body and the boning will warm as you wear it and you will be able to tighten it. We recommend wearing them for half an hour before lacing them up properly!)

The longline one is great if you're taller, but at 5"2 I was fine with the standard overbust. The waspie is also fab over a shirt or dress. You've made me want to wear mine again now!

I can echo Lh Lucy with the fantastic review of Lovehoney corsets Classic Satin Underbust Steel Boned Corset

they are fantastically comfortable, look stunning and really sculpt your body! Also they are sooo cheap for what they are and great quality too. I would also recommend the sweet streak corset range

Try corsets-uk. They do 'corsets of the day' on Facebook if you like them and it links to corsets on offer exclusive to Facebook fans. They do steel and plastic boned corsets (I'm a fan of steel myself, a proper corset) I've worn one of their corsets out and I didn't feel like I was showing too much at all. Plus you don't need a bra with steel boned corsets and they can suck your waist in by up to 5 inches (although I've ordered mine sized 7 inches less than my waist measurement)

Xxx

if you have never worn a corset before its best to either start with plastic boned corsets (in your usual top size) or get yourself properly measured for a corset, as there is no standard measurements for a steel boned corset, as they are measured in inches and you basically get the smallest size you can squish into. While some people might be really skinny and others bigger, they may still be in the same size of steel boned corset. for example, i am a size 8 and i wear a 24 inch corset. but my friend is a size 20 and she wears a 26 inch corset, because she can pull in her waist alot more. and another of my friends is a size 14 but is in a 30 inch corset as she doesnt squish much

its all very complicated!! x

Hi I own my own online lingerie business. On my website I have a huge selection of bustiers/corsets. There are some really eye catching new lines out at the moment. Come and take a look at my website http://www.elliessexysecretslingerie.com or facebook page Ellie's Sexy Secrets Lingerie.

Hi guys, thanks for the advice! I've gone for the LoveHoney Longline Overbust corset - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25499 and will go with Lucy's idea of teaming it with a blazer - I'm not too keen on my arms see. I should turn out to a slinky, big-busted diva though, which will be nice! :D As I am 5 foot 6 I went for the longline and I am really paranoid about showing off love handles so those extra couple of inches should work to cover me up well. Now to find a blazer that looks swish - I might check out ebay :)

I really want a corset and I am trying to save up for one, but I do worry about whether one is suitable for me. I am short (5ft) and I have big boobs (34G). I am a size 12-14, but my belly is bigger than I would like. I worry about my boobs spilling out of the top or a belly bulge out the bottom.

Does anyone have any advice? I want to look good, not squished.

Honeytongue wrote:

I really want a corset and I am trying to save up for one, but I do worry about whether one is suitable for me. I am short (5ft) and I have big boobs (34G). I am a size 12-14, but my belly is bigger than I would like. I worry about my boobs spilling out of the top or a belly bulge out the bottom.

I'll let you know how I get on with my corset HoneyTongue, it should be arriving tomorrow :) I have 38F cup boobs so I'm worried about be squished too :/ I'll try and post some pics as well so you can judge my wobbly belly and love handles lol :P xx

Well, the corset I ordered was just too small so I've sent it back and asked for a 30 instead. This is the largest size so I really hope it fits or I will get really upset, I can see it coming :(

I have my first Christmas party in just over a fortnight so I'm hoping the new corset fits right this time :)

HappilyExperimenting wrote:

Well, the corset I ordered was just too small so I've sent it back and asked for a 30 instead. This is the largest size so I really hope it fits or I will get really upset, I can see it coming :(

I have my first Christmas party in just over a fortnight so I'm hoping the new corset fits right this time :)

I hope this one fits. Fingers crossed for you.

Always choose one that ties for adjustment see my pics though i am only 34 E

HappilyExperimenting wrote:

If you don't mind me asking what's your dress or bra/band size? Just for an idea of how they initially fit. I know I wouldn't be able to fit into the 30 myself.. Waiting to see if there'll be any bigger sizes.

I've already bought from corsets uk though which have a bigger range and surprisingly good bargains at times.

Honeytongue wrote:

I'd suggest buying the waspie or an underbust corset. I have big boobs (size E) and even though I love my overbust corset I didn't like how it accentuated my boobs. However, if you buy a deep M shaped (sweetheart) bust overbust corset it should hold you bust better. Just buy and choose a corset for your waist line. The way it works is- you tie it up shaping around your body. The steel bones/waist training ones are the best, in my opinion.

You should generally choose the corset (steel boned) of around 4-6 inches smaller than your waist. (Just thought I'd add as I didn't make myself clear)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/lingerie/buyers-guide/lovehoney-guide-to-corsets/

Also, normal fashion corsets are ideal for those that are C cup or under, anything above are more suited for steel boned corsets. The stronger the panelling, the better the hold. So Acrylic < Single steel < Double steel < Spiral steel boning. It's good to take into account if all of the bones are steel and what type, and how many.

Here's more information gathered on about corsets- http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/lingerie-and-clothing/544780-corsets/

Nymeria - my bra size is 38F and my top size is 14, overall dress size is a 16 though because of my hips and thighs :) I love my wide hips, they make my waist look smaller!

Yes, we'll see if the 30 fits, I was only a few centimetres away from it fitting properly but if my boobs look too squished I'll have to send it back again :( I hate sending things back sometimes, it's a good thing the returns process is so easy :)

That's good information about the corset sizing as well, I'd read LH's take on corsets but your Acrylic>Single steel etc diagram is very useful :D Thanks!

been watching this thread quietly as i would love a corset ( not for training just because they look gorgeous on some )but the ones i've had in the past don't flatter me....(E cup).....love the look of the sweetheart style....keep us updated HappyExp...

Well, the 30 corset is here and although the corset itself is GORGEOUS, my boobs look ridiculous bulging out of the top! Shall I swap it for an underbust corset? My problem is, how do you wear an underbust corset to a party!? :S I might just have to go in jeans and a nice top :(

I can FIT in the corset and lace myself up quite well but the amount of breastiness that is jumping out of the top is overwhelming lol, definately not suitable for a party!

Advice for the bigger busted ladies: I wouldn't reccommend the overbust corsets from LH (their own range as mentioned above) for any cup size bigger than a C cup. You'll have 'overspill' and although your waist and torso will look hot to trot, your boobs won't. Sorry girls :(

I don't like sending back anything to LH but have no idea what to swap the corset for! Any suggestions?