Couples who have anal sex: condoms or not?

Just to be clear this is only aimed at couples in stable, monogamous relationships since otherwise condoms are an absolute must. The wife and I have had anal sex twice now. We rely on condoms for contraception, for now, and both times we had anal we had vaginal sex with a condom first. But when it came to anal I took the condom off and came in her arse both times. I know all the advice says to wear a condom regardless because, well, poo! But to be honest being able to go bareback is a major turn on. We've been married over a decade and are completely clean. I came REALLY quickly after anal penetration so wasn't in for long and with copious amounts of lube there was no mess on my penis afterwards. So really just wondering what other couples do? She loved just how much it turned me on so this is something we will do again on special occasions. With no adverse effects I would go in without a skin again. What do others do?

The only time we use condoms for anal is if anal is first but will be coming in her pussy.I

Just whip it of quick

We use condoms for contraception but do anal without. Husband has recently made an appointment to talk about a vasectomy and I cant wait to do away with condoms altogether.

We have never used condoms for anal but we don't use them for contraception either.

I guess I would be a bit worried about some cum leaking from one area to another even with clean-up if condoms were your main source of contraception.

We don't use condoms for anal or vaginal sex but vaginal always precedes anal.

We don't use condoms for vaginal and have yet to successfully have anal but i don't think we would bother with a condom

We are in the same situation as you. We use only condoms for contraception so use a condom for anal too , just to avoid any leakage.

Well, we have anal sex very often, never use condom. Condom takes all the fun away. If its get messy this is something you deal with it. no reason to make a big deal out of it. Guess what, If you stick your D*** in the back door, you shouldn't expect to find gold in there :)

We have alway been bareback and never had any problem. I think condoms if lubricated could assist easy entry with lube but never needed them.

Hubby had the snip years ago. We love anal and I love him to cum deep inside my bottom. X.

I like anal but I'm too much of a clean freak to go bareback. I always use a condom.

Not for anal, just plenty of lube.

Thanks for all the answers. I have heard that it is possible, although extremely unlikely, to get pregnant from anal sex if cum leaks out. We're done having children now and I'll be getting a vasectomy within the next few months so that side of things will soon not matter. Was more interested in whether other couples used condoms to keep it clean. Oh and we finish with anal; I came near enough immediately after going in the backdoor but you never go in the front door after the back!

Absolutely not, no way ever without a condom. I’m surprised so many people are and that’s worrying. You’re not going to get a balanced (or medically accurate) view asking on a sex forum though! If you want a medically accurate overview look at “risks of anal sex” on the NHS website or equivalent. There are risks for both people. The penetrating partner could get faecal matter in their urethra - extremely dangerous and not something you can “wash off” as it’s internal. Receiver has numerous risks as the skin there is thin and can be cut. Some conditions are symptomless so when people say they’ve had no problems - seriously?? Do your research. Do not do this without, it’s dangerous, simple as.

1 Like

We don't have anal that often but when we do we never use a condom.

Previous partner, we never used one for anal. I've had STI checks and got given the all clear, surprisingly.

I've had a vasectomy recently so now we are currently contraceptive free. My partner has come off the pill and is currently cleaning her system of all the chemicals the pill has/had.

my current partner and I have discussed anal, and she had bad experiences before with a previous partner, who basically was complete trash as a human, so she's a bit off doing it, but has said we can try it sometime...but with a condom. So if it's not enjoyable for her, I can take it off and pop in the front without worry. Also if I do gum, it'll be in there and she doesn't have to poo it out

I hadn't tried anal before meeting my husband. We do enjoy it from time to time but I have to be in the mood. It can be quite uncomfortable as he is quite large lol. We never use a condom x

"We don't have anal that often but when we do we never use a condom."

Same here.

If poo is of concern then just have anal sex soon after she's had a poo followed by a wash up there.

We don't use them for anal

We have condoms in our play kit but only use them for anal.

Having said that, there have been occasions when the mood hits us both and we have ploughed that particular furrow unprotected. This leads to significant scrubbing in the bath before I “come near me with that dirty thing”.