Cupping

I know what you mean. I think acrylic feels cheaper, almost like you’re cutting corners. I think maybe it’s jsut something that not everyone is into. Perhaps if you asked on a more kink-oriented forum, the answer may be different?
I wish you the very best and I hope you find your special someone soon.

I have found my special person 20 years ago but it seems menopause has gotten in the way. Still working through the process but thanks a bunch for the well wishes.

1 Like

Im assuming this is what your on about
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/bondage/electro-medical-fetish/pain-sensation-play/p/dominix-deluxe-cupping-set-6-piece/a35141g63818.html
I would like to try it. I think reading up on it, the marks can last a few days but im assuming its all according to how long you leave them on???

I’m sorry to hear that, I’m on the Slowly penpal app as well and I often hear from men with partners who have gone through the menopause. It’s quite sad really how it changes things for couples. Either way, I hope things restore themselves for you both soon and you are more than welcome for the well wishes.

Right idea but nope. About the size of a coffee mug, often made of glass without the vac pump.

They work with a similar concept of creating a vacuum but the traditional ones use heat (usually from a candle) to warm up the air inside the cup, causing a negative space and hence a vacuum effect. Or at least that was how it was explained to me anyway.

@be3169 apparently there is wet cupping too, which involves the placement of cuts on the skin prior to the cupping practice, which then draws out blood. I dont know about you, but I’m not sure I fancy that.

When you warm the air it expands.

Once the glass or cup or whatever is placed on the skin the air inside cools and contracts leaving a partial vacuum inside the vessel. This partial vacuum draws in the skin under the vessel.

A vacuum pump will produce a lower pressure inside the cup than the warm air method but is more mechanical and not as sensual.

1 Like

There we go, I remembered it was something to do with the air and vacuums but evidently I got it a bit muddled lol. Thankyou for the correction.

I do agree that the vacuum pumps aren’t as sensual. Fine if you want a more medical/cyberpunk feel to your sessions I suppose, but not personally for me.

Retired secondary school science teacher :blush:.

1 Like

Don’t say that @rockstar, I’ll be wanting to move in :joy: I was a complete science nerd back in my youth, I signed up for after-school science club and everything.

I may or may not have had a periodic table shower curtain as featured in The Big Bang Theory :innocent:

1 Like

All in for cuping hickeys but not so much for the blood sucking thing. Will have to do some research on that one.

1 Like

I did a bit of reading on it and the risks on it do seem much higher. Apparently it’s more popular outside of the US and I should imagine the same for the UK. I did find a centre in Birmingham which offers wet cupping but their website was full of typing errors and business communication via Whatsapp, which probably tells you all you need to know.

I am going from memory here but I believe the whole cupping thing originated in Asia. Don’t know anything about the wet cupping.

1 Like

From doing a quick bit of research, cupping apparently originates in the Arabic lands, in ancient Egypt. I do understand though, it does have a traditional Asian medicine feel to it.