Customer Service Issue - Poor Service

I am disappointed in customer service I received today. I am a brand new customer and spent a hefty amount on my first purchase. I was having issues tracking my package. The UPS tracking wasn’t providing any updates no matter how I opted into its notifications The latest update from UPS was today stating my package was in Georgia where it was originally shipped from so it was alarming…I live in North Dakota and the Lovehoney website stated my package would arrive tomorrow.

I called to take the customer service up on the offer, written in the email I received,for assistance contacting the courier because it seemed tome it should have arrived by the 20th. The representative was short with me interrupting me and saying “You want to know where your package is right?” and not friendly or helpful. I was already nervous about calling to ask about my order but expected I would receive friendly help. She bluntly stated the date of arrival for my package and offered no explanation to why my package was so late and ended the call. It has been longer then the stated 3-5 days.

I don’t want my hand held but a pleasant customer service experience probably would have reassured me the company cares. I was excited about receiving my items but frankly now feel disenchanted.

I am regretting not taking the call control survey as I opted out because I was expecting amazing service. lesson learned.

What should be an appropriate course of action on this matter?

Hi @Hedgemaid That’s a shame. I’ve only ever had good customer service from LH. I’m in the UK so maybe there is a difference and I always email rather than phone as I get a bit nervous about speaking to someone! They usually email back really quickly during working hours (not sure about outside fo working hours, but I have had a reply on a Sunday so I imagine they are checking emails regularly and I’m not sure how the time difference between the US and UK would affect this). I would try dropping them an email with this information and I’m sure someone will get back to you soon. Hope you get it sorted x

2 Likes

I’ve just slipped this into #inside-lovehoney, so hopefully you’ll get some staff attention tomorrow. :crossed_fingers:

That sounds a bit rubbish. You can email them and ask to lodge a complaint/talk to a supervisor?

1 Like

I’ve always had really good service from LH and the staff were really helpful. I did have some delivery issues in the past and it turned out that I’d put the post code (zip) down wrong so the package was getting bounced around a bit from one city to another. I’d check your delivery details again and if all looks good do the online chat (it starts with an AI bot but when they can’t sort it you get put through to a real person).

No issues here in the UK with customer service, where you are, depending on the the contents of your order, I’d return it and tell them to go f**k themselves.lol.

I could but I am not sure how that would change anything. Thank you for mentioning my situation. What does “That sounds a bit rubbish” mean? I am not familiar with that term.
I basically called to find out if they would contact the courier on my behalf. My email stated this was an option. She told me what I already knew about the delivery date.
I will look into complaining but I hate to be like that. I just wanted to know where my package is and why it had not arrived yet.

Ha. Sorry. :slightly_smiling_face: I just meant that it sounds like you didn’t get good service.

You could try contacting them again and hope you get a different person?

1 Like

Sorry to hear that you’ve had an issue, normally Lovehoney’s customer service is really good. I would agree with @Ian_Chimp and @Kitty-Cat01 in that emailing them may be the only thing you can really do. They can’t take back what has happened but maybe they can reassure you that they do care about their customers.

1 Like

As others have said, I’ve only had amazing customer service from Love Honey, hope it gets sorted soon and you receive your order x

1 Like

Same with me regarding only having good customer service.
I know covid is affecting postal and courier deliveries.
I have had issues with some courier companies in the past where it says my package is at their depot for atleast a day but is delivered while tracker says its still in transit

@Hedgemaid, really sorry to hear you experienced a poor assistance from the customer care team. I have had a few issues that I’ve needed help with and I’ve always received exceptional care from both email and telephone. I would try again maybe by email this time. Hope you receive your order soon. X

1 Like

LH website set the expectation that the package would arrive tomorrow, the 23rd?
You believe that it should have been delivered on the 20th, 3 days early?
When did you actually place the order?
3 - 5 days is normally business days and excludes weekends.

Obviously not good that you were spoken to impolitely, but what was your manner when you addressed the LH customer service person?

With products I’ve ordered from the US, it states: “Due to severe weather delays with ice and snow across most of the country, there may be several days between tracking scans and some deliveries may be delayed.”

I ordered my products on February 13 th. I was in no way impolite to the service agent. There was no warning of any delay.
I expected my products in 3 -5 days. I spent a large amount of money that qualified the order to be shipped in that time frame. Nothing else I have ordered has been delayed from other companies.
I do not derserve to be treated rudely. I just wanted the customer service to help me find out where the order is located as they state they will contact the courier on your behalf to locate the package and my information from UPS indicted it was still in the city it ships from. I was worried there was a delay or problem with the shipment.

Forgive me if I’m wrong here, but the site says LH will help contact the courier if your parcel is 5 days late. If you placed the order on the 13th, it probably will have been dispatched on the Monday so should have been with you on the 19th at the latest. The 5 days late starts after the 19th so that’s the 24th at the earliest (I say that as the 5 days may or may not include working days).

The 5 day late policy is likely to be the couriers policy not LH’s and if that’s the case the courier won’t provide them with any extra information until those 5 days are up. So they did give you all the information they could.

With the weather being what it is, I’m assuming LH are receiving a higher volume of messages about delayed parcels and probably a fair amount from people with much shorter delays than yours and customers who probably weren’t all that nice to the person on the end of the phone, It’s not excuse to be rude of course (especially as you weren’t rude to them) and if you are unhappy with the service you should flag it with them.

I’m having myself some issues with them in email I feel like I’m talking to bots at the moment

If that’s the case thank you for telling me. I wish the person I spoke with would have explained that.
She could have explained that to me. There was no wait time to talk to them.

I am just going wait and see if it comes today. I am over it.

***I was not rude to her.

I’m in the US and have always had good service from LH, both by phone and email.

I also have a package that is late, but with the unusual winter weather we have had in my area I’m not particularly surprised or worried.

Of course, none of this is an explains why someone would have been rude. That’s another issue and needs to be addressed.