Cyberskin and UTI

I recommended a cyberskin dildo to my friend, this one to be precise:

www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7331

She has only used it twice, and after both times has got a UTI. As I recommended it I feel responsible for all the discomfort she's feeling!

Has anyone suffered something similar with cyberskin products (or anything else for that matter)? Do you know what causes it? Is there anything that can be done, or is it a lost case and needs sending back?

HELP!

p.s. It's not a hygeine problem, she washes/stores everything correctly etc.

It might be that she's just extra susceptible to these infections; that happens!
Does she other toys without problems? Maybe she should go for a material more like glass or metal so she can be sure she is cleaning it effectively.

She uses other toys without problems, yes. She has dildos of other materials and doesn't like them, that's why she wanted something as real as it comes. So sadly, just replacing it for glass etc. won't work!

She may be allergic to something in it, that'd irritate the urethra and allow the bacteria to travel. Or there's bacteria residing in the toy, I believe it's porous so requires more thorough cleaning

I think some people use a bleach solution to clean their porous toys but don't take my word for it

I'll have a wee look and see if I can find anything. She'll be gutted if she can't use it - she loves it!

Does anyone have any suggestions for something similar, which is still the real-feel of CyberSkin?

I’m sorry to hear that your friend is having troubles with the toy, myself personally if a toy was giving me UTI’s I wouldn’t use it again.

The reaction could be coming from the material used to create the toy, and it’s having a reaction with your friend. Cyberskin toys are porous. They’re basically a form of jelly rubber – so they do contain chemicals ect. Because they are porous you can never fully clean it, bacteria can get inside the toy and well do what bacteria does and breed. You can only ever really clean the surface of these toys.

Personally the best thing would be to change the toy for a 100% Silicone toy, if she’s wanting the ‘real feel’ then a softer silicone would give her somewhat of a realistic feel granted not as much as Cyberskin would, however silicone is body safe and non-porous; where as CyberSkin isn’t. There are a few materials that are non-porous which are Glass, Stainless Steel, 100% Silicone, Ceramix (some wood – depending on what it is coated in) - And as I said with silicone you can get different 'firmness' of it. (I've heard Vixen dildos are quite good - Though I don't own one yet.)

To clean a Cyber Skin toy – is basically gentle soap and water and then put some corn starch on it. Don’t store them unless their 100% dry as they can then get mildew on them.

If she still wants to use the toy the only thing I could suggest is using a condom with it.

FrozenAngel wrote:

I’m sorry to hear that your friend is having troubles with the toy, myself personally if a toy was giving me UTI’s I wouldn’t use it again.

The reaction could be coming from the material used to create the toy, and it’s having a reaction with your friend. Cyberskin toys are porous. They’re basically a form of jelly rubber – so they do contain chemicals ect. Because they are porous you can never fully clean it, bacteria can get inside the toy and well do what bacteria does and breed. You can only ever really clean the surface of these toys.

Personally the best thing would be to change the toy for a 100% Silicone toy, if she’s wanting the ‘real feel’ then a softer silicone would give her somewhat of a realistic feel granted not as much as Cyberskin would, however silicone is body safe and non-porous; where as CyberSkin isn’t. There are a few materials that are non-porous which are Glass, Stainless Steel, 100% Silicone, Ceramix (some wood – depending on what it is coated in) - And as I said with silicone you can get different 'firmness' of it. (I've heard Vixen dildos are quite good - Though I don't own one yet.)

To clean a Cyber Skin toy – is basically gentle soap and water and then put some corn starch on it. Don’t store them unless their 100% dry as they can then get mildew on them.

If she still wants to use the toy the only thing I could suggest is using a condom with it.

Thank you for your advice.

I was thinking that a condom would be her best bet if she really is keen to give it another go. I have to admit, I'm with you though - if a toy had given me a UTI I wouldn't be touching it again. But, I know that she's had a lot of trouble trying to find a dildo that she really enjoys, so I feel gutted that the one she found and loved isn't working for her!

I'll get her to look at some of the softer silicone dildos, hopefully she can find a suitable replacement.