Cystex - anyone used this before?

So I tried to ask this in another thread, but figure it's probably easier to just start a new thread for this specific question - I hope that's ok!

My partner is quite prone to UTIs, and has been plagued with them for the past couple of years. Having exhausted all of the obvious options, they are still a problem. Whilst checking for support groups online that may help with our situation, she came across this product, Cystex (found here on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cystex-Liquid-Cranberry-Complex-7-6/dp/B004EBVEL0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1340125808&sr=8-3)

It seems to be an American product which is difficult to get over here, but we have read enough testimonials about it that we want to give it a shot.

So, questions:

1. Has anyone here used this product before? Was it any good?

2. Is there anywhere in the UK and Ireland where we could get tihs for cheaper than the price listed on Amazon.

Cheers!

I have never heard of it! I don't think you'd have to get something as the doc should be able to provide something.

Has she tried cranberry capsules daily (I take 4 a day) or i have a friend who swears by sunny D!

occhiverdi wrote:

I have never heard of it! I don't think you'd have to get something as the doc should be able to provide something.

Has she tried cranberry capsules daily (I take 4 a day) or i have a friend who swears by sunny D!

We've tried everything normally recommended for UTIs, including antibiotics. We appreciate the input, but as we've had this discussion elsewhere on the forums, we're really just looking for specific responses to Cystex. It only seems to be big in America and it's very difficult to find any information about it over here at all.

Cheers though!

It's definitely repeated UTI's. She's been tested twice before and had a cystoscopy, UTI's are what she's been diagnosed with.

Our problem at the moment is that she more or less gets one every time we have sex. After reducing sex to once a month, she still got one the one time we did have sex. So we're looking at any sort of preventative measure that'll stop her getting ill and allow us to have a normal sex-life.

A note on the antibiotics: she was to be on them for 3 months, then off them for 3 months. The problem is, she has more or less been prescribed this as an indefinite 'solution', i.e., the doctor's she's seen don't know exactly what the problem is, so are just feeding her antibiotics. She doesn't particularly want to be on them for the foreseeable future, so we're trying out any other method we can. Cystex is something that we've just come across and are willing to give a try.