Cysts

Hi I'm 20 year old bloke but a few years ago I found a lump under one of my testicles, I went to the doc's and found out that it was a cyst, that its all ok and that its quite common, which is fine and I don’t normally mind it, to be honest I forget it's there most of the time. But lately I’ve been worrying bout how a girl would react if they found that before I had a chance to explain what it is. I realised that this may have sub-consciously affected my views on casual sex and that it might be affecting me at the moment starting something new with someone. My both pervious girlfriends have both been ok with it but I new them for a long time before we started dating so I was comfortable telling them this, but what if things moved quickly ? So . . . I am wondering what people think? In particular what the ladies think and how they would react to finding something like this before a guy had explain what it was, and to both the guys and girls what they think of when it would be appropriate to bring this kind of thing up?

Thank yoouuu

To be honest I wouldn't expect anyone to really pay attention or care in a casual thing. As far as I'm aware cysts are internal so I don't think many people would jump to a conclusion that it might affect them. I could understand it being worrying if something was green or bled but If I came across it I'd just take it as a 'blemish', like a mole or birthmark type thing.

If it really does bother you I think they can be removed easily can't they? Might be worth chatting with your GP about.

Hope people can put your mind at rest.

Well for me........if i found something like that.....id bring it up straight away mainly out of concern for you in case you weren't aware of it...., and seriously i think most girls would do the same...well i hope they would.

So i wouldnt worry yourself over it......and if you do ever come across a girl that reacts in the wrong way to it......well its part of you.....so i wouldnt waste your time with them.................;)

Don't worry about it mate. i've got scars and all sorts down there from my dodgy testicles, but to women these are from my career as a "caged bear fighter". They're also generally swollen and look like a bag of mince.

If you pay it no attention though then no one else will. Possible cover stories include: hilarious accident with bb gun, fetus in fetu - my personal favourite, or just tell them to accept you as you are before pulling out a haddock and a gimp mask. Never fails to get a laugh.

i imagine most girls would be concerned for you and want to let you know!

i don't think you should let it affect your sex life, if you're going to be sleeping with a girl or starting a relationship then she would just be concerned for you and let you know, and then you just oh no it's fine i've had it looked at blah blah blah, you have a laugh and a giggle and then its back to business!

VW x

Thank you for ur replies

i dont think that i want surgery on it just yet, i comfortable with it been there. Its more the fact that if am with someone and i havent said to them before hand, that i would have to say to them and explain wat it is before and so they didnt get freaked out if the find it. But thts the big am scared of that they get freaked out when am explaining it

i don't think they'd get freaked out,

i know i wouldn't because my mum has had abcesses (i was never taught how to spell that word) and cysts all my life, and i think most people know someone who has a cyst or something.

VW x

if i found it i'd probably tell you like the others, just incase you didnt know it was there.

i think its probably best to tell someone you're planning on sleeping with its there if its painful when touched/prodded and things.

for exampl it really hurts me badly when my cervix gets knocked so i usually end up telling partners so we can both avoid the discomfort of it.

Hey Andy! I think adults are well enough educated nowadays that they can accept that somebody may have a cyst and it will cause themselves no problem mate. People are much more knowledgable today than even ten years ago what with the Internet and such.

I can't see any problems fella and If it makes you feel better. . . .I lost one when I was 12 in a cycling accident! When I do anal with my girl she thinks I'm smacking her pussy with an apple! Okay. . . .large grape

Feel my pain dude! Lol

SG

tah VW

a think tht i'm just a bit nervous of this all n what people will think as its probs gonna b my first few experience of sex of a more casual nature but i am still gonna get to no the person before a hop in the sack, am against the whole one night stand attatude or scene or watever phrase u wanna put after it suppose it will let me bring it up in conversation x

thanks everyone, am feeling a bit more comfortable with telling someone now, knowing that everyone seems so comfortable with the idea of there being a cyst there.

Thank use all :D xx

Most people have encountered a cyst at some point, most won't even think twice about it.

I shouldn't worry

I have 2 little skin tags on my inner labia - WandA doesn't even believe they are any different than "normal", they just look typical really,. he's never noticed or had a problem.

If you are worried, see your dr!

Ax

The main thing is that you are comfortable and to keep an eye on it for changes. I would rather be told about about it, although finding the right moment might be difficult. At least that way it doesn't come up when you are in the middle of something and putting you off your stride so to speak.

x

andy_69 wrote:

Hi External Media I'm 20 year old bloke but a few years ago I found a lump under one of my testicles, I went to the doc's and found out that it was a cyst, that its all ok and that its quite common, which is fine and I don’t normally mind it, to be honest I forget it's there most of the time. But lately I’ve been worrying bout how a girl would react if they found that before I had a chance to explain what it is. I realised that this may have sub-consciously affected my views on casual sex and that it might be affecting me at the moment starting something new with someone. My both pervious girlfriends have both been ok with it but I new them for a long time before we started dating so I was comfortable telling them this, but what if things moved quickly ? So . . . I am wondering what people think? In particular what the ladies think and how they would react to finding something like this before a guy had explain what it was, and to both the guys and girls what they think of when it would be appropriate to bring this kind of thing up?

Thank yoouuu External Media

Firstly, if any man finds a lump inside his scrotal sack, then he should get it checked out immediately, especially if it is on the testes themselves. Do not be afraid to visit your GP. It is worth it for the peace of mind. And if it is cancerous, it can be better treated when caught early. Do regular scrotal and testes examinations. Etc, etc, etc.

I also have a cyst hanging off one of the tubes in my scrotum. Not a big deal. It does not hurt and has not got any bigger, so I never had the need to get it removed.

If you are with a girl and are having sex for the first time, just politely forewarn her about it. No big deal.