Datex dress aftercare

Good evening.

I got my wife a latex dress for Christmas and after reading the after care instructions it mentions maintaining the dress with a silicon-base preservatives and a product to maintain the shiny effect on the dress.

If anybody knows does the Pjur Cult Latex Shiner Ultra Shine Spray is suitable to do both jobs.

Thank you.

1 Like

I have several latex outfits and they get very sweaty…with mine I lightly rinse them down in the shower with a mild washing up liquid and then rinse them off with the shower on lukewarm…then pat them dry with a clean towel.

Put baby powder on them to stop the latex sticking together put them on a hanger to dry and store them with cotton bags to protect them.

Then when putting on use the pjur shiner but I found it best to be sprayed outside as it will leave any tiled or laminate flooring hazardous so please be careful…and then I use my hands to shine it up…your body heat will help with this.

I found the pjur shiner to be the best one I’ve tried super shiny…gives latex that WOW factor and then some.

Good luck…I suggest whatever you use try it on a small area first…one of my dresses was over £200 and would hate to think anything would have ruined it.

I have found this method works really well with mine and have done it several times to each dress but just try it first as there are different qualities of latex.

5 Likes

I don’t own any latex outfits, but I found a guide on the Lovehoney blog (How to Clean Latex Clothes), and the Lovehoney YouTube channel has a couple latex care videos too :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the detailed reply. It’s great that you own latex outfits so have a good amount of experience.

When you say you wash them in the shower with washing up liquid is this instead of putting the dress in the washing machine?

Thank you for the tips with Pjur and I’m glad that it is a good product to use.

I brought the dress from lovehoney so I think it
will be a good quality latex.

Thank you for the links to the videos I will give them a watch later.

Yes I hang them up in the shower as they are very hot and get sweaty to wash and freshen them up…(I use my hands with warm water and a splash of washing up liquid to rub them down inside and out…then rinse them with the shower and pat them dry inside and out…baby powder on the inside to stop it from sticking together then leave to fully dry…when dry I use cotton covers to protect them).

I only use the shiner when the dress is on as it’s easier to gloss it up when it’s on and I always step in them rather than put them over my head (if they aren’t the zip up front ones) and use a dusting of baby powder on the inside to help get it on too.
Hope this makes sense.
Good Luck.

3 Likes

That’s great and does make sense, it’s good to know the shower fact for washing the dress.

Will have to get some baby powder and order some Pjur.

Thank you very much for all of your help.

I’ve just looked at the dress again and it’s made out of Datex not latex? Does this make a difference with the aftercare?

1 Like

Oh sorry I’ve no idea with that fabric.

Latex is literally like wearing a dress made out of a very thick balloon. No experience with Datex.
Maybe contact customer care?

Good Luck

Ok thank you. Sorry for the mix up.

It’s ok…it’s just a letter difference…easy mistake.

:wink:

1 Like

I don’t own any datex either, but found this video that compares latex, pvc, and datex outfits. It doesn’t give datex care instructions, but if the inside is a matte material and the outside is 100% latex, it might benefit from similar care on the latex portions of it :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this video as well.

1 Like