Delivery to Australia - VAT

Hi from Australia,

I have bought items (shoes) from other UK retailers and they remove the VAT component from the order. I guess that is legally correct seeing as the purchase isnt for the UK and 20% is a pretty good amount to not have to pay if I dont need to.

Does LoveHoney do the same? I have added a few items to the cart but I don't see it removed anywhere (I haven't done the final checkout to be sure but it hasnt been removed at the point where I need to add a credit card). I would think that if they charge you VAT, that's wrong because they don't have to account to HMRC for VAT on goods they export outside the EU.

VickiFromOz wrote:

Hi from Australia,

I have bought items (shoes) from other UK retailers and they remove the VAT component from the order. I guess that is legally correct seeing as the purchase isnt for the UK and 20% is a pretty good amount to not have to pay if I dont need to.

Does LoveHoney do the same? I have added a few items to the cart but I don't see it removed anywhere (I haven't done the final checkout to be sure but it hasnt been removed at the point where I need to add a credit card). I would think that if they charge you VAT, that's wrong because they don't have to account to HMRC for VAT on goods they export outside the EU.

Hi Vicki,

I don't know the answer to this myself, but I've let our customer care manager know the query is here. smiley

-Alice

Hi Vicki,

Yes, we can refund you the VAT please drop an email to us at customercare@lovehoney.co.uk with your name and order information and we can sort this out for you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Laura

Lovehoney Customer Care

Thanks for the quick reply Alice and Laura.

I havent actually bought anything yet!

Does this mean I buy something and then you will refund the VAT later, not take the VAT off at the checkout? Is there a minimum value for this or is it for any purchase?

Lovehoney - Laura wrote:

Hi Vicki,

Yes, we can refund you the VAT please drop an email to us at customercare@lovehoney.co.uk with your name and order information and we can sort this out for you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Laura

Lovehoney Customer Care