Desensitising anal lube for use with bigger men?!

Hi all

So I recently found myself with a new man (got dumped, upgraded to a better model!). The only 'problem'- and I use it in the least sense of the word- is that he's a little on the large size. You know, down there.

Now thats fine and dandy up front, but he's pretty damned keen to try anal and I'm more than happy to educate him. Except it bloody hurts! I'm all relaxed and everything but we just can't keep going longer enough for him to cum (he takes longer than I'm used to too, so that's probably a factor).

Can anyone recommend a good desensitising anal lube to me? I really want to get back into it but it's just impossible without.

Sorry just though I should add- I don't want one that numbs completely (I searched the topic and people were warning against it alot, but not offering a desensitising alternative) just one that takes the edge off!

sorry u cant help you with this one, im not into anal myself. ahe you thought bout looking at some of the forum memebers profile to see what there reviews have got to say ?

Dxx

I've check out a couple of reviews but they seem to imply it hardly lasts or that you go totally numb. Quite fancy this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=5051 but just wanted to see if anyone has a solid recommendation before I spend that much!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14522 have some good reviews. though ive not tried them myself

crayola wrote:

I've check out a couple of reviews but they seem to imply it hardly lasts or that you go totally numb. Quite fancy this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=5051 but just wanted to see if anyone has a solid recommendation before I spend that much!

out of all the ones on the site, i'd go for that one, even though im afraid ive not used before, seems a good one

The active ingredient in that one you linked to is benzocaine, which is a local anaesthetic. Lots of over-the-counter creams have that in it, such as Germolene, and stuff like Bonjela has lidocaine. Local anaesthetics usually end in "-caine" like novacaine and the others.

If you go to your local chemist and ask them what topical creams they have with whatever-o-caine local anaesthetic in them, then have a go and you might get something cheaper which does the same job. Tell them it's for your piles in addition to the haemorrhoid creams. Just be aware that germolene and the other creams are designed to seep through the skin to bring their active ingredients with them, and this means that they can seep through condoms as well. Any local anaesthetic you put in your anus is also likely to numb your partner at least a little bit, which will desensitise him causing him to take longer. So you might want to keep that in mind too. Also, local anaethetics are designed to numb whether they're in a purpose-designed sex product or not, so I think that just taking the edge off as opposed to really numbing the area is going to be a very tricky business.

One final suggestion, I agree with the other people who advised you to avoid local anaesthetics since pain is a danger signal which you need to heed. However, if you play around a lot beforehand with some vaginal intercourse, some oral, and other things to get him really really excited, it should take a lot less time for him to orgasm in your anus instead of exclusively using your anus to stimulate him.

Good luck, and it's really nice to see you, crayola. I'd been thinking of you and hoping you were ok. I'm glad you are. :)