DHL Parcels?

Hell0 ^_^

I ordered a Christmas present at the start of the week through a known retailer site & it's coming from Germany, I've now been told it'll be delivered by DHL, I've heard nothing but bad reviews of their services & am worried my parcel won't be here on time, it's estimated to get here between 5th - 24th Dec but they say expected delivery is 24th? Is this meaning it won't be here any later than 24th or what? Has anyone used DHL before, are they as bad as they sound. I wish other retailers were are inpecable with their deliveries as LH, maybe I have high standards now because of LH They're just so great! ^_^

Yeah it should get to you by the 24th. They have to put the expected delivery date as the last estimated date or else they'd have thousands of complaints when parcels are 'late' because they didn't arrive on the earliest date.

Frankly all couriers are as awful as each other. I wouldn't worry about their bad rep, they're no worse than the others and they all have their horror stories! But I also wouldn't expect that parcel to arrive earlier than the 24th.

Thankyou, I'm just worried cause it's for my boyfriend and it's our first Christmas together and I want it to be perfect, it says on my site that a delivery date has been schedualed but it hasn't told me when, bah why didn't I order it earlier?!

I've never had any trouble with dhl, now if it was yodel I'd be worried.......

Not heard anything bad about DHL hun, now if you was parcel force be really worried. They delivered my boots to the block near me, when I called them to tell them they had delivered the item to the wrong adress they wouldn't do anything.

I feel a little more relaxed about DHL now, I've never used tem before, only Royal Mail & FedEx. Thanks guys! Can always trust yous ^_^

crazy horse wrote:

I've never had any trouble with dhl, now if it was yodel I'd be worried.......

Can i just add that DHL and Yodel are the same company as DHL is part of HDNL but rebranded to form Yodel in 2010.

All couriers have bad reviews, but it's usually the ones who pay out of work people to deliver their packages via their own vehicles. Some aren't very careful or attentive where as others are wonderful. You tend to find the bad reviews come from a specific area and its that specific delivery person is the issue, not the company.