Dildo vs Vibrator?

Ok so I have purchased a few vibrators for use on my wife over the years and as I don’t think she would ever buy a sex toy it’s always me that spices things up which is ok but it does mean i end up taking a gamble about what she might like etc. and if we ever have a conversation prior to me buying anything she usually gets a bit awkward about it all and just tells me to get whatever i think. Which leads me on to my question. What would be the main benefit of buying a Dildo? I understand vibrators as it can add some extra stimulation to the clitoris or the gspot but what does a Dildo bring to the table that a Penis can’t (im an average size , nothing special). I certainly don’t want to be introducing a massive Dildo and then be surplus to requirements :joy: but i’m curious and wanted to so some research before I even bring the topic up with my wife as she seems ok with the idea of me using vibrators on her but a phallic looking Dildo might freak her out.

3 Likes

The initial thing that our first dildo brought to the table was internal stimulation during oral sex. No amount of yoga would equip me to fill my wife while I go down on her. My wife really enjoys having something something inside to squeeze when she cums. We’ve also used some vibrators, but that is more it and miss for her - not crazy into g-spot stimulation, so just filling her and squeezing it.

We also use a dildo vaginally when we have anal sex to get that DP feeling.

And when we can’t be together, she again likes to have the dildo to squeeze while she uses her Womanizer on her clit.

And then we use it lots of other associated ways, too. She likes to have the dildo inside when she goes down on me. Occasionally one dildo goes in her mouth during DP for that “airtight” fantasy fulfillment. Sometimes the dildo is used with a vibrator while I’m face-f*cking her.

Worth noting that my wife is not a size queen: her favorite dildo is a pretty close facsimile of my penis, at least by dimensions. We have some bigger ones that she’s pretty meh about. Also there are plenty of non-realistic dildos in bright colors and not anatomically detailed. I think that’s the best place to start: try and find something that’s comparable to you. A little smaller is okay, too, if you’re afraid your ego may be easily bruised.

3 Likes

Depends on my mood, but i enjoy both.

2 Likes

It teally depends on the type of stimulation your partner likes.

Mrs Sen needs internal stimulation to orgasm, so we will frequently use a dildo/wand combination to bring her to multiple orgasms before my penis even gets considered. We have 3 different dildos we swap between, each has a different feel for her.

It can help reduce the stress of performance anxiety, in that if you dont last too long PIV, she has already had orgasm(s).

2 Likes

Good advice from other posters, don’t be afraid to get a dildo that is larger than you, especially in girth, not necessarily length. It’s not a competition and she’s not going to give you up because of a dildo, you can never recreate the personal connection with a significant other. I live using larger dildos on my OH and it is seriously a huge turn on. She ends up wanting me in the end anyway. Try some that have texture as well, ie ribbed, spiral. Good luck with the shopping!!

1 Like

I’m fairly new to toys so don’t have lots of experience but can highly recommend this glass dildo

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/dildos/glass-dildos/p/lovehoney-sensual-glass-double-ended-g-spot-dildo/a45603g82144.html

Great for temperature play, double ended so depending on how your wife is feeling the smaller end is less intimidating. We got the shock of our lives when using this I squirted for the very first time - we’ve been together for 38 years!

Hope your you and your wife find something you both enjoy.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I hadn’t really considered using it during oral, i can see how that might be a turn on. I won’t rush in to buying anything just yet, we’ve just had a few new toys arrive recently so we’ll experiment with them for now but it’s certainly something I’m thinking about for the future

We can agree whole hearted with this! The feel of the ribs and the weight of the glass is incredible. I’d recomend a little lube to start off though as it can be quite a shock to the system at first but wow it can get messy with these :sweat_drops::joy::smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Been looking at that glass double ended one which looks like it could be fun and also slightly less phallic looking

1 Like

This is the one we have:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/dildos/glass-dildos/p/lovehoney-beaded-sensual-glass-dildo-7-inch/a30946g52508.html

There’s a massive discount on it at the moment (only £9.00!)

The ridges as I said are amazing and feels like nothing else :sweat_smile: start with the small end and when things get ……… interesting ……. Swap it over and feel the larger side :sweat_drops::sweat_drops::heart_eyes::joy: deffo worth a go for that price :wink:

1 Like

yes we recieved a suction toy with our recent order, haven’t yet used it but looking forward to!

Why not combine both and get a vibrating dildo!

1 Like

It all depends on what the mood is.

Dildos can feel amazing and allow for some great double penetration fantisies. But managing one can be quite tireing.

On the other hand, a vibrator can feel amazing on many different spots around the body.

But given the chance trying out a dildo is a great opertunity to explore what you and your partner do and don’t like. And as others have said above why not try both at once for extra pleasure.

My wife and I literally just used a dildo for the first time last night. It’s a 8 inch rather girthy fella.

I banged her with it while I licked her clit.

She came harder than I’ve ever seen her before.

The dildo is bigger than me, but I’m not jealous of a piece of plastic. She told me that she prefers my cock, but the sensation of the dildo was amazing. Are we going to use it every time? No, but she has the ability to whenever she wants.

She also got so horny from using, she let me cum on her chest and then licked some of it up. Super hot. She’s never done that in the 20 years we’ve been together.

1 Like