Dildo - Which material is best?

@Melody1 my hubby wants his own dildo, I showed him these but he said he doesn’t fancy a glass one.
Anal play is fairly new to him so he doesn’t really know what he’s looking for - maybe just not something so big and hard.
Do you have any recommendations?
Thanks x

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m a little nervous of the glass, it’s a first time for me. Steel is good though, especially with oil based lube as not so messy. I think next I’ll buy something like this

3 Likes

@Melody1
I have a glass dildo and a glass rabbit - but they aren’t my fave toys.
One of them is just so thick and feels quite big and uncomfortable inside. So I think that put him off.
I imagine that steel may be similar to the glass as it’s so hard and firm - but I don’t know as I’ve never tried a steel dildo yet.
I’ll get him to check this one out x

I hope you get on well with the glass ones, I love how beautiful they are, and so easy to clean.

2 Likes

If I don’t get on with it , it can always be displayed in a quiet corner somewhere to stimulate conversation

3 Likes

Haha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: well that is true.
That sounds like my worst nightmare - I’m always making sure everything is well hidden.
I feel strange discussing these things with family or friends.
But that’s what all you guys are here for :hugs:

3 Likes

I’ve dabbled recently in some solo anal play, have you got any toys for him to use there currently?

This is currently my go to toy for the area, can’t yet fit a dildo up there comfortably. https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/anal-sex-toys/anal-beads/p/basics-vibrating-anal-beads-6.5-inch/a4864g4864.html
I did review it, but can’t find how to link directly. If you search stabbed I’m the only person who used that word so far!

The dildo I have has got a firm head with a notch (realistic penis head shape) and I find that uncomfortable currently.

1 Like

@AFudge
So he’s used anal beads, a butt plus and recently eased himself into using a prostate massager.
I think the prostate massager was a bit disappointing so don’t want to try another one, which is why he’s looking for a dildo to try.

1 Like

Ah I’m in a similar boat, I’ve even got the aneros that people rave about but so far much prefer the feeling of entering and movement.

I’ve had fun with this as well https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/dildos/realistic-dildos/p/basics-anal-prober-7-inch/a2041g2041.html . It gives a good feeling and with a second person can get the center bulge in, however I feel uneasy doing this as it could potentially run away! It’s a good size however! Material is flexible enough to feel comfortable.

1 Like

@AFudge
We have that toy and it’s fantastic. We have had it for years but it still makes regular appearances and although in the “basic” range it feels great and its as good as the day we bought it.

3 Likes

Personally I’d go for silicone for anal if you don’t want glass or anything too firm. Easy to clean and not too firm. What sort of size plugs and beads has he been using? Would he want a dildo that looks like a cock or would he rather something as far away from realistic as possible!? I’ve been looking at these ones for a while:

and

They are both slimline ones so not too intimidating

3 Likes

I’d say maybe he should look into some of the realistic silicone type dildos as they come in smaller sizes for first timers and the materials it’s made from tend to be more flexible than a glass or steel toy

6 Likes

Personally silicone for me and the wife

1 Like

Most of my toys are silicone which I love but I have also been experimenting with glass toys which are really nice to put in the fridge before using as they are nice and cold which is really soothing. I do want to experiment with other materials such as metal.

2 Likes

This one has been good

Material can depend on mood, tend to use glass as a warm (cool?) up and then switch to silicone as it has the flexibility.

When starting out we used this one which was a little less intimidating.

We prefer the Lifelike Lover silicone range. They have a number of different lengths and girths. They are particularly good for pegging as the start out quite slim at the tip for easy insertion but expand to a much wider base giving that nice full feeling.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice all, I’ll show MrCupc8kes and get him to have a look later.
I think one of the realistic dildos might be good for him.

1 Like

Not tried these but if you want softer how about dual density toys (maybe the Lifelike Lover Classic Dual Density Ultra Realistic Dildo 8 Inch or the Doc Johnson The D Perfect D Dual Density) The reviews for both of these toys are excellent and include use for anal play.

1 Like

I can’t praise this dildo enough! Great size, texture, the curve is amazing for prostate stimulation, and can also work up to the bigger sizes when ready.

Lifelike Lover ultra realistic 7 inch dildo

1 Like

@mikeormick this one looks great, a good size :wink:

1 Like

The Doc Johnson ULTRASKYN range is really good, a little more expensive perhaps but worth the extra. I have several ‘Lifelike’ which are good but the Doc Johnson are way more comfortable for bum stuff. I find the lifelike’s can soon start to rub, even with plenty of lube

3 Likes