Dildos: How many is too many?!

I'm brand spanking new to Lovehoney. Hello!

So, I've been browsing the dildos and vibrators on the site - and my wish list is now huge!

I already have a few dildos - of varying quality - but have got so carried away with the wish list, that I'm like a kid in a sweatshop!

"Ooh, I want that one! That one's slightly thicker for days when I'm really horny", etc etc.

The toys will be mainly for me to use on myself, as my GF isn't really into dildos. (I'm a gay female, by the way).

I'm not quite sure how I'm going to explain or justify my collection suddenly quadrupling in size!

How do you know when to stop? The stuff on the site is just so sexy - and even the reviews get me excited!

Can you have too many toys? Lol.

I really like some of the realistic dildos - but my GF hates them so I couldn't even justify using them in joint play, as I know she wouldn't go near them.

Have any of you had to keep your toy stash under wraps from a partner?

Maybe try the ice gem dildos if you're looking to introduce them to your gf... They're not very realistic in that they're clear but you still have the veins and head, also you can get without balls

That was my first Realistic dildo and I love it, I used to hate Them! Plus they're really girthy too!!

Hubby was the one who started us on our toy collection, now he just laughs at the size of it as I can't help but add to it!

No such thing. As long as you're buying within your means and enjoying yourself its all good. Some people collect stamps, others shoes, me? I like sex toys.

Hello & welcome! No such thing as too many, unless you're just buying five of the same dildo ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

Hello and welcome. To be honest I only have 4 dildos, 3 glass and one silicon suction cup.

Once you get over the initial "wow I want everything" you will soon be able to thin down your wishlist. Consentrate on what makes each one unique, and go for quality, glass will last a lifetime!

You could always invest in a couple of really nice glass dildos, they don't always look realistic but they certainly hit the spot, and they are great for temperature play. If you blindfold your girlfriend (with her consent of course) she might really enjoy a glass toy.

If you can afford them then you can never have too many toys!

pegguin wrote:

No such thing. As long as you're buying within your means and enjoying yourself its all good. Some people collect stamps, others shoes, me? I like sex toys.

Perfectly Put! :)

Hello, Welcome, have fun x

Cheeky_Monkey wrote:

I'm not quite sure how I'm going to explain or justify my collection suddenly quadrupling in size!

How do you know when to stop? The stuff on the site is just so sexy - and even the reviews get me excited!

Can you have too many toys? Lol.

I don't think you need to explain or justify the growing size of your collection if you can afford it. And have space to store it... (You have too many toys when you are forced to sleep in the living room because they've taken over the bedroom...) But I have found that the excitement tends to wear off after a while - I've just removed most of the things from my wishlists because I don't really want them any more (quality over quantity...)

The only really body-safe materials (because they can be sterilized) are glass, stainless steel and silicone. Rubber, plastic, etc. are porous, can harbour bacteria and other nasty stuff and should be changed every x months (depending on use). At least that's what I constantly read - I do wonder what would happen if one boiled a rubber or plastic dildo for half an hour?

In any case, for me I've decided to only buy glass and silicone, and that narrows down the choice fabulously! Especially since I don't like the hardness of glass all that much ;) Lovehoney makes beautifully unrealistic silicone dildos (I bought that one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22767 when it was deal of the day some weeks ago). But I've read such wonderful things about VixSkin that I'm seriously lusting after the Vixen Goodfella - as my only realistic dildo.

Wow, thanks everyone! 😃

I'd never even thought about the glass ones. They seem very popular - and I think they'd certainly be something my GF might consider more.

The cost isn't really the issue - within reason - I certainly wouldn't be getting us into debt, but would rather spend more on good quality, than buy cheap and cheerful, as I'm looking to upgrade what I/we already have anyway.

Thanks for for all your advice and suggestions (and warm welcomes!). I really appreciate it. 😃

Talia wrote:

In any case, for me I've decided to only buy glass and silicone, and that narrows down the choice fabulously! Especially since I don't like the hardness of glass all that much ;) Lovehoney makes beautifully unrealistic silicone dildos (I bought that one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22767 when it was deal of the day some weeks ago). But I've read such wonderful things about VixSkin that I'm seriously lusting after the Vixen Goodfella - as my only realistic dildo.

Talia, That looks like a great choice. It's WAAAY more expensive than I've been looking at, but the reviews seem to say it all - and it does look great quality.

I have a quick question for any ladies who might be able to answer. I've never had a suction dildo before. How much extra length do you need to add for suction dildos, to be able to use them to straddle, etc. I realise this is a personal preference and depends on everyone's own body shape, etc - but is there sort of a guide as to what extra length (in addition to the insertable length) is practical?

Never been on a sex toys forum before, so to ask these questions without being embarrassed is such a liberating thing too! 😃

I dont think you can have too many dildos as long as u know u will use them all and not use them once and only use one of the dildos you have got. We got a lare collection of glass and realistic dildos. Would still buy more of it was another way of pleasuring her with one.

The more the better if they all do differeent things then enjoy them is what i say .. the mrs keeps telling me to stop buying we have enough .....then i seea different one and just cant help myself .. if it gives her a different sensation its worth it ! :-)

Lol. She's a lucky lady!

I may have too many toys, but that is just because it is becoming a storage issue...maybe I will just buy a second bedside table. I think as long as you are not squandering your food or rent money then sextoys is one of the most harmless addictions you can have

No such thing. As long as you can afford it, no worries! My collection is rapidly expanding at a crazy rate.. But can't stop myself!

Building your collection is fun fun fun

Well, after spending hours comparing sizes, textures, reviews, etc - I finally decided on a bunch of stuff to order.

I ordered it at 4.30pm yesterday and it arrived at 9.30am this morning!

I've never ordered from Lovehoney before, but I'm seriously impressed with their customer service!
However, I realised once I'd opened the box that despite how many hours you spend looking at videos and poring over tape measures, there's no substitute for eyeballing something "in the flesh".
Half the package has gone back today (can't believe you can return stuff free either! It's all unused, I hasten to add!).

Kept this one:
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22817

And ordered this one:
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7331

Also had a chat with my GF about toys, and she's happy for me to order whatever I like, as (in her words) "whatever turns you on is a personal thing".

Waiting for her to choose some things she wants now. :)

Happy times ahead. :)

i have many sex toys 250 plus but i mainly have dildos<3 i literally hoard them!

so glad you have spoke to your partner about this that would be my firts reccomendation.

I really reccomend the ns novelties

Colours purple dildo it is body safe semi realistice and feels great xx

See, I decided to prove to you that theres no such thing as too much. If i had x toys and I buy 3:

http://imgur.com/a/oRTCj (nice job whoever packed it!)

I ahve x+3 toys, now I'm wonderfully happy with x+3 toys so I can buy another 3, and have x+6. Since I dont know what x is I can keep buying toys and always be great!

Kimberleyking wrote:

i have many sex toys 250 plus but i mainly have dildos<3 i literally hoard them!

so glad you have spoke to your partner about this that would be my firts reccomendation.

I really reccomend the ns novelties

Colours purple dildo it is body safe semi realistice and feels great xx

I think I have a lot of catching up to do!

pegguin wrote:

See, I decided to prove to you that theres no such thing as too much. If i had x toys and I buy 3:

http://imgur.com/a/oRTCj (nice job whoever packed it!)

I ahve x+3 toys, now I'm wonderfully happy with x+3 toys so I can buy another 3, and have x+6. Since I dont know what x is I can keep buying toys and always be great!

Lol. I'm a keen cyclist. The correct number of bikes is always +1. ;)